xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: E-xiso_gui - The Graphic Interface For Exiso  (Read 562 times)

Me9a

• Archived User
E-xiso_gui - The Graphic Interface For Exiso
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »

some suggestions:

- make it work with freestyle dash ftp server
- make an checkbox to dont uplod/extract the folder $SystemUpdate
- folder remembering (so i dont have to browse allways to C:\some stuff\something\xbox360\an game\halo or something) from hand and on xbox360 too every time i start exiso
- and add an bar or something to see how fast it is uploading currectly on ftp

anything else is pretty nice n1 gui and good program

worked good for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

great work

Mega

This post has been edited by Me9a: Mar 1 2010, 04:02 PM

R1chard5

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(schmurtz @ Feb 28 2010, 11:53 PM) View Post

New version 1.0.0.6 :
I 've tried to respond to all your remarks.

News :
- Multiple corrections of bad path for destination folders. (no more ".iso" in FTP folders names, no more incorrects folders for local extractions)
- less CPU consumption during extraction.
- ISOs Autoloading : loads all iso files contained in a folders and sub-folders.
- Drag and drop iso files directly in queue list.
- It's now possible to add or suppress ISOs files in the queue list during extraction.
- stop extraction process button.
- 2 progress bars (for current ISO extraction and global extraction)
- it's now possible to stop auto scrolling of the result window.
- success/failed extractions are now displayed at the end of the extraction.
- Minimizing window is now allowed.

The download link have been updated.
Some issues at that time :
- FTP connection works with XeXmenu only.
- FTP iso extraction works only on 21 port (but "QuickBoot menu maker" works with any port)

Great work schmurtz, i'm pretty sure that many people will enjoy those fixes / enhancements smile.gif

Many thanks, gonna look at your new version, but damn, i need a new hdd then smile.gif

schmurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Me9a @ Mar 1 2010, 03:56 PM) View Post

some suggestions:

- make it work with freestyle dash ftp server
- make an checkbox to dont uplod/extract the folder $SystemUpdate
- folder remembering (so i dont have to browse allways to C:\some stuff\something\xbox360\an game\halo or something) from hand and on xbox360 too every time i start exiso
- and add an bar or something to see how fast it is uploading currectly on ftp

-> freestyle dash have to implement classic FTP commands, but at that time they recommand tu use XeXmenu to upload big files.
-> auto delete $SystemUpdate : I'm already on this smile.gif  : this folder will be extracted but I'm working on an auto delete of all these folders
-> folder remembering : OK, you're right, it'll be OK for the next version, at that time you can use search button or drag and drop.
-> FTP speed bar : that's a great idea but not easy to make... To do something like that it's probably necessary to modify exiso.exe and I'm not the best in C++ tongue.gif

QUOTE(R1chard5 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:47 PM) View Post

Great work schmurtz, i'm pretty sure that many people will enjoy those fixes / enhancements smile.gif
Many thanks, gonna look at your new version, but damn, i need a new hdd then smile.gif

Thanks, there is many others extraction tools but I think that Exiso-GUI is the most complete and (with drag and drop and auto searching of iso files)  the most user friendly.

whitak3r

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »

I think this has been covered already. But when I try to extract an ISO that is in a folder(or going to destination folder) with spaces in the name, I get permission denied erorr. Not a HUGE deal. I just move everything to a X:\EX and then make it X:\EX\Output. Works fine after that. smile.gif

EluZioN

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 02:52:00 AM »

Hello Schmurtz,

I have two versions of the GUI, both came with an identical exiso.  The newest version is the one linked on XBS news (1.05?)  I can't tell you from the program because clicking the question mark throws a runtime 50003 error on both.

Anyway, the older version had a button to scan a drive and auto add all ISO's, the newer version does not?  That feature worked good.

The older version handled spaces in filenames, whatever was thrown at it.  The newer version displays "permission denied" for any ISO with a space in the filename.

So....your asking, why not use the older version?  Well, it has a memory leak (possibly the never ending list box that displays the feedback from exiso?) and after 20+ iso's it runs at turtle speed with exiso-gui using 50% CPU and 128MB of Ram.

Just some feedback, hopefully the bugs will be resolved, the program has potential.

Thanks,
EluZioN

EluZioN

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »

Doh, please disregard the above post (can't edit).  What I thought was the "older" version is actually 1.06, the newer version.  I only have two issues with 1.06, the memory leak (disable listbox option?) and the runtime 50003 when you click the ?

Thanks,
EluZioN

EluZioN

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »

Better yet, disregard everything above except the runtime error clicking the question mark smile.gif

Turns out the drive I was exctracting to was the issue with the speed (1.5tb MyBook), not the program.

My Apologies,
EluZioN

ryknow27

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

This may be a stupid question but is there a way to convert it back into an iso after using this?
Thanks.

Topless Stang

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »

Try as I might I can't get this to run.  I'm getting an error with the richtx32.ocx file.  I've tried to search everywhere for reports of this issue, but I can't find any.  Has anyone had this happen before?

ozblogger

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Topless Stang @ Mar 14 2010, 11:07 AM) View Post

Try as I might I can't get this to run.  I'm getting an error with the richtx32.ocx file.  I've tried to search everywhere for reports of this issue, but I can't find any.  Has anyone had this happen before?

What Windows are you on ? Vista/7 / XP ?
You probably need
"ActiveX Installer Service"

google for it

Linkitch

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(ozblogger @ Mar 15 2010, 07:08 AM) View Post

What Windows are you on ? Vista/7 / XP ?
You probably need
"ActiveX Installer Service"

google for it

I get the same error.
I'm using Win7 professional 64bit.

Tried googling the activeX thing, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work.

omegastar

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Hopefully Schmurtz will comeback and make an update and add Freestyle dash ftp support and address the minor bugs. Because of all the iso extractors this seems to be the best.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

Weird.. I just now came across this thread and have been writing a gui for the exiso.exe - its mostly done but I have some issues where it used to work but now it freezes when I upload the first file (it CD's to the dir fine).

I will try xexmenu and see if that resolves it.

both FSD and xexmenu create the folder in the games directory, create the system update folder... then starts to upload the data (which creates a 0 byte file) and it just stalls... strange =/

I see others saying its a hosts issue with the upload.. but it used to work and now it doesn't which is the strange thing!

Edit: Not sure what resolved it of the things I tried but I uninstalled leaf networks which I had upon a recommendation from someone to use kai with and its now functional.. not sure how much further I will take this project since I now see there is already one gui available but I may release it just to see if anyone finds it useful

This post has been edited by ILLusions0fGrander: Sep 11 2010, 10:28 PM

schmurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »

HI,

A new version coming very soon :
Official support for XGD3
Easier and more intuitive interface
Bugs fixes

I'm making english traduction and it will be ready !

schmurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »

Hi,

New version of Exiso-GUI : 1.0.0.7 supports XGD3 ISOs.
New interface, less bugs, better traduction (see below for complete history).

------------------------------------------------------------
Download:
Exiso-GUI 1.0.0.7
Setup file for those who have problems with missing files (DLL) :
Exiso-GUI setup file 1.0.0.7
------------------------------------------------------------

It makes easier to extract multiple iso with a queue list and a little FTP browser.
It allow to create a menu with Quickboot faster : you click one button and it creates local copy of xex that works with Quickboot from XEDev Team.

To extract an iso :

- launch Exiso-GUI.exe
- select a destination type (1) (local or FTP) then click on on browse (2) and select a destination folder.
- To add an ISO file 3 possibilities:
   - clic on the "Add an ISO" button (3) and select an iso in the browser.
    - Drag and drop one or many ISOs files directly in the queue list (4).
    - Click on the "Load a folder containing multiple ISOs" button (5) to add all the ISOs from a specific folder

- add each iso file in the same way, then clic on the "Go !" button (6)
- Be patient : the extraction result is displayed in the lower windows (7), it takes about 15 minutes for 7Go. Since 1.0.0.7 you can put the extraction process in pause.
- failed extractions are displayed in red in the queue list (4). A click on it allow to see the extraction error in the extraction logs.

IPB Image

Screenshot old version (1.0.0.6):
IPB Image

To create a local extraction for quickboot:
Quickboot is not really user friendly when all your games are on the FTP of your xbox. extract-iso GUI allow to create a little folders tree on your local computer that can be used with Quickboot.

- launch Exiso-GUI.exe
- clic on the "FTP" tab. (1)
- Put the right FTP informations in cases then clic on connection. (2)
- Xbox 360 drives must appear  (3), then go to the root folder of your games. (for example "/HDD1/games")
- Clic on the "QuickBoot maker" button (4)
- Once the operation is finished, you have a "games" folder on the root of your computer local drive. Launch Quickboot.exe from XeDEV team then clic on the "Scan Local" button and select the "c:\games" folder.

IPB Image

With windows XP exiso crashs, you have to disable firewall to make it works.
With vista/Seven run Exiso-GUI in administrator mode.

There is probably some bugs in it, you can tell it here, I'll make modifications.

Exiso-GUI 1.0.0.7
Exiso-GUI setup file 1.0.0.7

Original french post is here, I've made this english traduction for this forum

wink.gif

edit :
  • 22/02/10 10:25 p.m. version 1.0.0.1: fixed some bugs
    (Error path of the iso with space resolved, file not found error resolved for QuickBoot maker)
  • 23/02/10 2:00 Version 1.0.0.2: Added ability to choose the FTP port.
  • 24/02/10 0:10 Version 1.0.0.3: Fixed counting the number of files on the FTP, more consistent message at the end of the extraction.
  • 24/02/10 0:45 Version 1.0.0.4:
    - Implementing drag and drop (one catch. Iso file and release in the fields dedicated for that purpose instead of "go")
    - Error handling during the extraction: the elements extracted successfully shown in green in the waiting list and in red if it fails.
    - Fixed a bug in the destination path at a local extraction.
  • 24/02/10 9:35 p.m. Version 1.0.0.5:
    - Possibility to list the files in the iso before extraction.
    - All actions are now logged to the file history.log
    - Various ergonomic improvements
    - Minor bug fixes
  • 28/02/10 6:00 p.m. Version 1.0.0.6:
    - Fixed bugs in the ways of extraction (over. "Iso" in the name of files in a retrieval via FTP over the problem of inconsistent records at the local extractions).
    - Greatly reduced CPU consumption during extraction.
    - Drag / drop files directly as possible in the waiting list.
    - "Automatic search for isos" to load all the isos in a folder (and subfolders)
    - Ability to add / remove iso of the waiting list during the extraction process!
    - Progress bars (total growth and progression of the current iso)
    - Possibility to stop the automatic scrolling.
    - Display the number of extraction successful / failed / not processed at the end of the extraction.
    - Appearance of the button "reduce" to put the window in the taskbar
    - Possibility to stop an extraction current (crash or expectation that the final extraction ends).
  • 22/11/11 3:00 Version 1.0.0.7:
    - Update exiso.exe: extract-xISO V2.6.3, now supports ISO Type XGD3 (as amended by Aiyyo, version 2.7 of Somski is strongly discouraged because it
    suffers from some bugs on the FTP).
    - Simplification of the interface: improving the ergonomics of the interface and some cosmetic issues (tab order, button icons more explicit ...)
    - Double click on an iso image from the list to view the files it contains
    - A single click on an item that already was treated returns to the right place in the extraction of logs
    - Can not copy directories $ SystemUpdate when extracting
    - Possibility to make a pause during extraction
    - The default destination (local or FTP) is now saved
    - Creation of a setup file for those who have problems with missing files (DLL).

Bye !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5