xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6  (Read 573 times)

UncleKlunk

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »

I've been trying the program myself (i've got a ms28) and i've not had any luck getting it to read,  I do the five second trick,  but when I do I get a "Wrong drive status" message, then asks if the dump was succesful and to should it continue,  is it a case of getting the timing wrong, or something else?

But my other issue is that it's been flashed before by someone else, would that pose an issue at all?

Or should I continue to flash it anyway?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(UncleKlunk @ Jun 5 2009, 08:53 PM) View Post

I've been trying the program myself (i've got a ms28) and i've not had any luck getting it to read,  I do the five second trick,  but when I do I get a "Wrong drive status" message, then asks if the dump was succesful and to should it continue,  is it a case of getting the timing wrong, or something else?

But my other issue is that it's been flashed before by someone else, would that pose an issue at all?

Or should I continue to flash it anyway?

Try using an 0800 enable disc, it might help. The 'wrong drive status' error is caused by using a non-VT6421/non-nForce SATA controller. (most onboard SATA chipsets other than VIA/nForce are not supported)

The VT6421/nForce cards are special, and do not require the 0800 enable disc, which is part of why my disc prefers them.

40_ounce

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

So all I need to flash my lite-on is a usb probe and nothing else?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(40_ounce @ Jun 5 2009, 11:10 PM) View Post

So all I need to flash my lite-on is a usb probe and nothing else?

Yep, I recommend either building your own with the included diagram, or getting a CK3 lite. smile.gif

TheDemonIII

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(xtwisted metal @ Jun 6 2009, 05:04 PM) View Post

i am like a noob for flashin xbox's does this like flash it and everthing so all i have to do it plug in a usb drive and done and i can play sum burned games

no... this has all the programs needed to flash the xbox. you still need to take apart the xbox and connect the dvd drive to ur computer. did you ever read this post at all?

UncleKlunk

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jun 6 2009, 06:10 AM) View Post

Try using an 0800 enable disc, it might help. The 'wrong drive status' error is caused by using a non-VT6421/non-nForce SATA controller. (most onboard SATA chipsets other than VIA/nForce are not supported)

The VT6421/nForce cards are special, and do not require the 0800 enable disc, which is part of why my disc prefers them.

Ah excellent!   thanks ever so for your help!!!  

I bought the card a few days ago and it says it's a VTA612A on it and has an official VIA chip on it (I take it the "A" is the problem?)

But can you direct me where to get hold of a 0800 enable disc at all please?  (Sorry,  new to this,  flashed loads of PSP's,  even a Wii, but not a 360 yet happy.gif)  Thanks ever so again!

40_ounce

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jun 6 2009, 12:18 PM) View Post

Yep, I recommend either building your own with the included diagram, or getting a CK3 lite. smile.gif

Kool thanks. I'm going to make a probe tonight or maybe later..... thanks for this frosty...

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 2 is out!

Disc-based version to follow within a few days...

Changes in v1.6 Revision 2:

- Removed manual firmware dump check screen (due to keyboard incompatibility)
 - Added firmware dump validation scripting (to replace manual checks)
 - Added 'Advanced Options' menu
 - Added direct custom firmware flashing menu for Samsung/BenQ/Lite-On drives
 - Corrected USB Boot Drive Letter detection
 - USB Drive can now be created with either FreeDOS or MS-DOS (compatibility fix for older PCs)

NOTE: The 'Advanced Menu' is great for un-bricking Samsung/BenQ/Lite-On drives! It allows you to flash user-provided custom firmware (or stock firmware) directly to the intended drive, regardless of whether the drive is bricked or not. happy.gif

You can find the download in the usual places. (XBINS) smile.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(UncleKlunk @ Jun 11 2009, 10:29 PM) View Post

I'm using your latest version now Frosty, I still get the "Wrong drive status" message,  but immeaditly afterwards it says Validation Succesful!   (so did that work or not)

But then I go to the next page, the one with the red text and it says aborted as it wasn't 256kb (my drive has been flashed in the past).

So I was wondering is it still safe to go ahead and erase the flash?
Also,  I can't find the 0800.iso disc anywhere on Xbins sad.gif

Do not continue.

If you ever get any kind of failure message, do not continue...

I will PM you shortly. smile.gif

UnrealEureca

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

I'm getting the error reading drive C that I was getting before when typing in Samsung, but now I get it when it starts autoexec.bat

I think it was write access violation
Fail Retry Abort Ignore

camdogg00

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »

I don't have a COM port on my computer. I was wondering if this is compatible with the USB key extractors or not and what I would have to do to make it work if modifications to the program is needed.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(camdogg00 @ Jun 30 2009, 08:45 AM) View Post

I don't have a COM port on my computer. I was wondering if this is compatible with the USB key extractors or not and what I would have to do to make it work if modifications to the program is needed.

Unfortunately my software is not compatible with USB extractors, due to DOS driver limitations.

Only serial extractors are supported. sad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]