xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Smart Xx Reveals The 360  (Read 874 times)

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

wink.gif

dikdiamond

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

laugh.gif

SkateorDie

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

get bunnies email ASAP!!!

havocaose

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

dry.gif

What do you thinks going on in that xdk exlclusive grey box? Harddrives...? I cant wait to see pics of the inside of a consumer xbox... all those wires from the grey box make it kind of confusing.

SkateorDie

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(havocaose @ Aug 27 2005, 09:15 PM)
Ha you guys are so baised to team xecuter... not neccesarily a bad thing, but just keep open to other teams doing something productive.

havocaose

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »

oo you're right... not sure why i thought it was IN on the xbox... thats kind of lame that they called heatpipes watercooling though.. it really isn't.

oh btw skateordie, make sure you go back to gamestop and have them make a note on your reserve slip saying which xbox360 you'd like.. the premium or core. I went back yesterday and did that and put another 50 down.

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »

Nice pics indeed. As for handing what I believe is "it", and not "them" (the picture of the 3 do indeed look fake to me, I am betting they have 1 Dev kit, not 3, though why they would want to lie about this is beyond me...then again, the 1.7 Xbox story springs to mind...heh) over to Team Xecuter, that's a bunch of crap, sure, if chip developers stuck together, maybe something would be released faster, but Smartxx are 2nd place to Team Xecuter in my opinion, in relation to Xbox mods at the moment, so they have just as good a chance at finding an achiles heel in the system as they do. Sure, the Smartxx makers may have a head start, they also may not, other teams may also have a kit, and just may have sense, not to shout about it. Needless to say, it is only a matter of time. I am very surprised that MS have not changed the design on there motherboards in relation to size of points, I had thought they would swing more of a Sony direction on this one and make it that little bit more difficult to solder to. Never-the-less, I am interested to see what type of security the teams are up against with it. The coming months will be very interesting.

Cold|Fusion

SkateorDie

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(havocaose @ Aug 27 2005, 09:25 PM)
oo you're right... not sure why i thought it was IN on the xbox... thats kind of lame that they called heatpipes watercooling though.. it really isn't.

thecheekymonkey

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

wink.gif

but either way, who ever gets the chip out first will be the top dog  (for a while)

Bogus8

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

sad.gif

You guys shouldn't be getting your hopes up.. it's still gonna be plenty of time before someone really hacks this thing... besides wasn't it all the linux guys that did all the real work on the last one?  then the mod chip guys kind of came in and implemented what they learned?  Good luck to whoever is hacking at it... I will just be waiting patiently for the hack and not assuming even a 3 month turn around time... maybe 3 months and they start to figure something out but not a full mod chip... this beast is going to be complex... you can bet MS is trying hard to do that... especially given how easy the last one was to mod wink.gif

cubbox

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bogus8 @ Aug 27 2005, 10:09 PM)
First off having a dev kit doesn't really help develop a mod chip very much... you can't find out how to "hack" something that doesn't need hacking.. no way to test if it is really working...  TRUST it won't be a walk in the park like the original one was... HOPEFULLY they might slip and leave us a nice clean window but I bet it's going to be a messy hack like the PS2.... lots of annoying soldering sad.gif

Bogus8

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(cubbox @ Aug 27 2005, 03:14 PM)
ditto to that ^^   pop.gif

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

blink.gif i like the crappy soldering in there,... i'm sure at least 90% here at the scene could solder better than that crap dry.gif

looking at pic #26
can anybody tell what size the led's are and maybe even a name for the package style, to start hunting for blue/xxxx replacements

mine's mainly a media center, have my complete adult swim collection on there beerchug.gif

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(thecheekymonkey @ Aug 27 2005, 10:20 PM)
in my `opinion` any machine that cannot be cracked will suffer , i know this may be a touchy subject, but lets face it, a big reason why the xbox is so popular is because its so versatile once a chip is installed.

View Post

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
Smart Xx Reveals The 360
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

iono know bout anyone else but to me this is not that exciting.  i mean yeah i love to see the inside of the dev kit but it really doesn't mean shit till we see a final production model.  as to the mod chip, i know a lot of ppl want a mod as soon as it comes out, but personally im waiting till at least second gen (and a month or 2 after that so i can see what problems ppl have).  to me the first modchips are more proof of concepts then anything else.  they are just like "we've cracked it here u go" with a shit load of wires to install.  when we get the second chips they'll have learned from there misstakes and have a good chip that takes less wires etc.  just my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7