xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: ...another Black Screen Of Death...  (Read 69 times)

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
...another Black Screen Of Death...
« on: April 15, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »

Ok, I searched around (attempted to use the forum search with little success...) and dug through about 10 pages of posts in this particular section...

I have a 360 I recently purchase to repari that the guy claimed had a bad dvd-drive, come to find out he attempted to flash it and screwed up... or that was his story after he shipped it anyways... comes in the mail today and reads dvds and games fine, so I think to myself "SCORE!"  Popped in Full Auto (which usually causes a few hiccups... I wanted the system to get a work out) to see if everything was kosher, played for around 15 minutes, was ready to be satisfied and boom... screen goes black, no sound, no ROL error, no controller response (although the IR did respond to power the 360 off) - turned back on without a problem... I let it sit at the dashboard for a few minutes and it went to green screen no response or sound...

...it still powers on again... is this an overheating issue?  Has anyone dealt with this before?  I tried to find some answers but was unsuccessful so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rustmonkey

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
...another Black Screen Of Death...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rustmonkey @ Apr 16 2008, 07:50 AM) View Post

Ok, I searched around (attempted to use the forum search with little success...) and dug through about 10 pages of posts in this particular section...

I have a 360 I recently purchase to repari that the guy claimed had a bad dvd-drive, come to find out he attempted to flash it and screwed up... or that was his story after he shipped it anyways... comes in the mail today and reads dvds and games fine, so I think to myself "SCORE!"  Popped in Full Auto (which usually causes a few hiccups... I wanted the system to get a work out) to see if everything was kosher, played for around 15 minutes, was ready to be satisfied and boom... screen goes black, no sound, no ROL error, no controller response (although the IR did respond to power the 360 off) - turned back on without a problem... I let it sit at the dashboard for a few minutes and it went to green screen no response or sound...

...it still powers on again... is this an overheating issue?  Has anyone dealt with this before?  I tried to find some answers but was unsuccessful so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rustmonkey

Might be the scaler-chip or the connection from the scaler-chip to the gpu
Then when it warms up it somehow looses connection and the screen turns black...
So this might be a kind of E74 which just doesnt show up.
One of the E74s which I had acted similar when I turned it on it had the E74 then I turned it off and back on and it worked
then after a few minutes it started to change colors and a bit later the screen turned black
X-clamp-fix or heatgunning the area between gpu and ana-chip might fix it.
Try the x-clamp fix first though as the heatgun might completely fuck it up if you are not careful enough