xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox360 Vga Monitor Displaying 16:9?  (Read 91 times)

AfGhAnGsTa

• Archived User
Xbox360 Vga Monitor Displaying 16:9?
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »

Alright guys...

I decided to stop being lazy and install a VGA Port in my 360. I've done that, I've installed a switch for switching between my HDTV (16:9) and my monitor (4:3), and I even installed a sound jack. Anyways, whenever I have it hooked up to my monitor, the games have the top and bottoms cutoff as if they are set to widescreen. In the dashboard, it shows it fullscreen and same with the Xbox360 Guide Button. When I set it to widescreen in the dashboard, the games don't have the top and bottoms cutoff, but it looks all stretched and ugly. I'm also using a native 4:3 resolution and not a widescreen resolution. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

jtom617

• Archived User
Xbox360 Vga Monitor Displaying 16:9?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

Are you sure its not your tv, because certain TVs use certain settings for high def, for my xbox to be set to 720p, i had to goto the TVs settings too and allow it? maybe this will help you, it applied to VGA on my tv. But i set it to a different setting untill it fit the whole screen, but just so you know, it happened to me too, with the black cutoffs.  pop.gif