xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cheap 5.1 Av Reciever Suggestions  (Read 71 times)

89c4l98

• Archived User
Cheap 5.1 Av Reciever Suggestions
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

I need a cheap SMALL av reciever with optical input so I can run the 360 in surround sound. I have a complete set of $1,000  klipse speakers I got for free. I need a el cheapo  av reciever to run these. Or I'm thinking of selling the speakers and buy a home theater in a box.. any suggestions?

XxXDarkwraitHXxX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(89c4l98 @ Apr 6 2006, 06:40 AM) View Post

I need a cheap SMALL av reciever with optical input so I can run the 360 in surround sound. I have a complete set of $1,000  klipse speakers I got for free. I need a el cheapo  av reciever to run these. Or I'm thinking of selling the speakers and buy a home theater in a box.. any suggestions?

I'd say sell the speakers and buy something like this.  That way, you still have money to spend on games and accessories.

johnodd

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »

depends where you live at i would recommend maybe going to your local target store and purchasing a dolby digital system there and just throw out there crappy speakers that come with it

yourwinner

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

Keep your speakers and buy yourself a yamaha av receiver, even the cheaper ones sound mint and will drive those speakers nicely, dont opt for "home cinema in a box" or anything similar. Not sure of the prices in the states but you can pick up a cheap yamaha over here in the UK for aroun £100-£150

Anyway good luck with whatever you buy and Keep Those Speakers  biggrin.gif