xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: It's coming: Bungie is getting the Halo 3 ban-hammer ready  (Read 682 times)

unistyle

• Archived User
It's coming: Bungie is getting the Halo 3 ban-hammer ready
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »

first off, people who use and abuse glitches are inherently bad at video games and can't win unless they glitch.  don't kid yourself, if you were any good you wouldn't be glitching.  don't defend people who glitch and blame bungie for having the bug.. they should be banned for being fucking pathetic, not just for glitching.  why the hell is it ok to use a bug to your advantage just because you read how to do it on a web page.  how is that fair to anyone?  the glitcher knows damn well he is fucking over other people with a bug, don't fucking defend that bullshit.  imo, i hope they ban every single account that knowingly abused a glitch period.  which i'm sure is pretty obvious to bungie who is abusing it.

there is a huge difference between finding a bug and abusing it.  sure there are bugs in halo3, and bungie will probably release numerous patches.  but people that glitch in every game they play just because "bungie hasn't fixed the bug", do not deserve to play on live.

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »

Good news.

People who cheat/boost/etc piss me off. That's all I have to say.

Landlocked

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

When will XBL start the stupidity ban?

Seriously -- the motto ban and now this. I'm likin' it.  cool.gif

pirichios

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Oct 23 2007, 04:03 AM) View Post

Good news.

People who cheat/boost/etc piss me off. That's all I have to say.

while i agree a 100%... they SHOULD FIX those glitches.

Bubbalynch

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

Yet another reason for M$ to ban its own members. Great.

I agree, why not patch the glitchs and NOT punish those paying for online play. This is rubbish.

Symph0ny

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »

Great news... but why not fix the rating system while they do it?

It doesn't seem right that you can go on a MVP spree in Team Slayer, and still drop 3 ratings because you get matched up with bad teams each game.

BionicGeoff

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Symph0ny @ Oct 22 2007, 11:37 PM) *

Great news... but why not fix the rating system while they do it?

It doesn't seem right that you can go on a MVP spree in Team Slayer, and still drop 3 ratings because you get matched up with bad teams each game.

Can't you get mvp for just having most kills while also having a bad kill/death spread? IMO that would deserve a loss of skill rating since you are actually helping the other team by giving them more points than you earned your own team.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »

Calm before the storm hehe  cool.gif

Method2kh

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(unistyle @ Oct 22 2007, 09:45 PM) View Post

first off, people who use and abuse glitches are inherently bad at video games and can't win unless they glitch.  don't kid yourself, if you were any good you wouldn't be glitching.  don't defend people who glitch and blame bungie for having the bug.. they should be banned for being fucking pathetic, not just for glitching.  why the hell is it ok to use a bug to your advantage just because you read how to do it on a web page.  how is that fair to anyone?  the glitcher knows damn well he is fucking over other people with a bug, don't fucking defend that bullshit.  imo, i hope they ban every single account that knowingly abused a glitch period.  which i'm sure is pretty obvious to bungie who is abusing it.

there is a huge difference between finding a bug and abusing it.  sure there are bugs in halo3, and bungie will probably release numerous patches.  but people that glitch in every game they play just because "bungie hasn't fixed the bug", do not deserve to play on live.

Holy crap, right on the money. I hope they not only ban the account, but ban the system as well. That would shake ppl up. You don't know how many times I've played GOW and have gotten so frustrated with all the glitching. People going through the map, people moving ULTRA fast, people chainsaw glitching.. Blahh, I'm pissed just thinking about those days..

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

Im sure they will be banning anyone messing with connections.

I_Solar_I

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

GOOD! its about time, now when were playing kids in 2v2 and they start jumping off the map to win... I HOPE BUNGIE FREEZES THEIR ACCOUNTS! and ban their 360's!

no more standby now.. HAHAHAHA  muhaha.gif

CompFreak07

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

I believe that they should not be banning for glitches. I agree that people who glitch every game just to win or get an advantage is wrong. But I also believe they should not be banned because of Bungies mistake.  Bungie needs to take the time to fix the glitch, end of story. People who are DoS and what not need to be banned because that is not a glitch.  That is something that can not be taken care of by Bungie unless they host there own servers. That is also illegal in some places. I realize that many people are pissed because glitching is cheating to some extent. But there is no reason to ban them. The people who want glitches gone need to take there frustration out at Bungie more so than the individual using the glitch.  If Bungie does ban them what will that stop.  NOTHING.  People will make more accounts and continue until the problems are solved.  Just as in Halo 2 where people would use the free 2 month trial accounts to boost there regular user account until the 2 month free trial account was banned. Banning will not stop anything.  Fixing the problem at the roots will.  If there is a glitch in the game then everyone can use this glitch so why do people bitch and complain? Everyone has the same advantages and disadvantages.

steveju

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(CompFreak07 @ Oct 23 2007, 06:13 AM) *
I believe that they should not be banning for glitches. I agree that people who glitch every game just to win or get an advantage is wrong. But I also believe they should not be banned because of Bungies mistake.
You really didn't read the ToS, even when people told you it was in the ToS...
QUOTE(Xbox Live ToS @ Oct 23 2007, 06:13 AM)
Some examples of harmful activity that we do not permit include: (i) trying to gain access to any account, computers, hardware or networks related to this Service without authorization; (ii) disrupting accounts, computers, hardware or networks related to the Service; (iii) obtaining or trying to obtain any data through any means from the Service, except if we intend to provide or make it available to you; (iv) using the Service or related hardware to obtain any data to design, develop or update unauthorized software that you use or provide to others to access or use in connection with the Service; (v) charging others to use the Service either directly or indirectly; (vi) using or distributing unauthorized cheats, macros or scripts; (vii) exploiting any bug, or making unauthorized modifications to any software or data, in the Service or particular game to gain unfair advantage in a game.
QUOTE(Xbox Live ToS @ Oct 23 2007, 06:13 AM)
We may change the Service or delete or discontinue features, games or other content at any time and for any reason. We may cancel or suspend your Service at any time. Our cancellation or suspension may be without cause and/or without notice.
People who don't or can't read the ToS should also be banned imo.

mr_spoon

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 02:02:00 AM »

maybe if the game was any fun, i would actually be bothered ..it ain't so i don't care ..Yawn!. xbox-scene has gone down the pan in time it seems, xbox-scene is like one big halo fan club ..lol

spoon tongue.gif

CompFreak07

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(steveju @ Oct 23 2007, 08:38 AM) View Post

You really didn't read the ToS, even when people told you it was in the ToS...
People who don't or can't read the ToS should also be banned imo.

I said what I believe not what is right or wrong.  I have read the ToS after people posted saying they can ban for glitching. It also says they can cancel / ban anytime for any reason or without one.  I don't think that is right either but it doesn't matter what anyone thinks except Microsoft.  Didn't realize I would get flamed for stating my opinion on the matter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5