xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'  (Read 1385 times)

wutang138

• Archived User
Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »

They lose a xbox live customer who would pay for videos/games and someone who would probably be mad enough to buy a ps3.

biggnick

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »

I just hope that this doesn't change any future Rockstar games from being developed for the 360. As soon as midnight hits, I'm grabbing my copy.

As far as the bans on Live, I think anyone smart enough to know what they're doing is going to be safe "almost" no matter what. There is only so much you can do security-wise on a proprietary built system (unless you force everyone with a system to buy new ones or send them in.... blink.gif ). I really do agree with Chance, I can see a lot of this being scare-mongoring partially to sway people not to modify anything, as well as making Rockstar feel more secure from a business aspect.

Of course, anyone who screws up is going to get banned...and I say Amen to ANYTHING that brings down ignorance.

Nutstool

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »

Man this is hilarious! All this fuss over piracy of a game that makes it's name off criminal activity! Does anyone see the irony here? I'm pissing my pants right now with laughter! Rockstar wants to moan about piracy of their game? Then stop making games that glorify criminal activities! Twats!

This post has been edited by Nutstool: Apr 25 2008, 12:47 AM

kesava108

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nutstool @ Apr 25 2008, 09:46 AM) View Post

Man this is hilarious! All this fuss over piracy of a game that makes it's name off criminal activity! Does anyone see the irony here? I'm pissing my pants right now with laughter! Rockstar wants to moan about piracy of their game? Then stop making games that glorify criminal activities! Twats!

nice one

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Landopando @ Apr 24 2008, 03:46 PM) View Post

I'm new to the forum so i don't know if this point has been brought up before.  But why ban a paying customer from xboxlive?  So he downloaded a pirated copy of a game, so what?  He still has to pay for his live.  And that is income MS wouldn't get if he were to just cancel his subscription.  Better to get something than nothing.

QUOTE(Landopando @ Apr 24 2008, 04:05 PM) View Post

I'm not justifying it.  I'm asking why would Microsoft ban someone and lose money?  To me I would rather have someone paying me money to play a game that they downloaded than having that same person still playing the game and not paying me anything.  Is it the achievement thing that bothers MS and other players?

To answer BOTH of your questions... the reason why they ban the CONSOLE (NOT THE ACCOUNT)
is because they know the CONSOLE has been MODDED or you have played using a HACKED SAVE GAME, which also needs a MODDED CONSOLE...

So they do not BAN the ACCOUNT and lose their money ... they lose the ability to use their MODDED CONSOLE.

M$ does this because they want the experience of online play to be FAIR,
if there is a modded console ... there are ways or may be ways to basically hack a game or game save for so called cheating to happen.  Achievement points can be or could then be greatly increased... etc etc..

Also it use to be I THINK that the credit card info are also located on same servers as the games???   again I THINK this is another issue... this was something I heard a long time ago with the original xbox.

So it is basically a security risk...and to save xbox live from people cheating if alot of people were able to cheat xbox live would not be too much fun.

And M$ should not ban for this "leak" because simply there are those that LEGITIMATELY have the game in their hand from rental or online stores.

elocin671

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »

lol. They are gona get banned. The unlegit copies at least.

Landopando

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

If they ban a modded xbox who is uhh such a tool to just go buy a another system?  I would just cancel my subscription and play all my games for free.

gabe681

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

This is as simple as this.  You mod your console you are excepting the risk of being banned plain an simple.  If it happens don't whine about it hear.

gli7ch

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »

MS is going to do worse, everyone who pirated the copy are going to get banned AND a virtual boy

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(hecz @ Apr 24 2008, 04:12 PM) View Post

Am I the only human being who doesnt give a damn about this game?

I dont lol..
even though I COULD get it right now if I felt like it  wink.gif

I always wondered how "leaking" works exactly. what..someone that works for the company just decides to release a copy online ?? thats pretty lame..I mean you could lose your job or something..

QUOTE(gli7ch @ Apr 24 2008, 08:22 PM) View Post

MS is going to do worse, everyone who pirated the copy are going to get banned AND a virtual boy

laugh.gif

Woozle

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sillyboy18 @ Apr 24 2008, 12:36 PM) *

That be wrong for them to banned people becuase I know for a fact my local blockbuster recieved the game today.  There policy is to rent the game or movies to their employee before the released date becuase after the release date employee can't rent the game or movie for a month.

Wow, your BBV actually plays by the rules? I'm impressed.

clownbow

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

M$ should just ban all the consoles that are playing GTA IV and only unban opon proof of purchase.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Apr 24 2008, 08:34 PM) View Post

I dont lol..
even though I COULD get it right now if I felt like it  wink.gif
I always wondered how "leaking" works exactly. what..someone that works for the company just decides to release a copy online ?? thats pretty lame..I mean you could lose your job or something..
laugh.gif

It doesnt have to be someone that works for the company.

Most likely, it gets sent to some source that reviews games.  That source then leaks it.

It gets sent to a Brick and Mortar store such as Best Buy, Circuit City, EBgames, Walmart, etc.  The employees see it comes in and decide to buy or steal a copy.  Most likely the employees will just buy if the register doesnt put date restrictions on the merchandise.

The employees at a Brick and Mortar store put it on display earlier, customers buy it.

Those are just some examples that wouldn't involve a direct employee of the gaming company.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »

ive gotten games early. worked for gamestop for a couple of years, so I know a grip of people in retail.

its scummy and pisses off people. but i paid for the games, they just werent rung up until the release date.

as bong said, there are many logical ways to aqquire a game before its street date.

the 'problem' is not with the consumer, but rather with the retailers and trusted news sources themselves....

halcyonx12

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Ummmmmmmmmmm.............  I bet Rockstar are thanking you now, MS!  Of course you want focus on your platform in any way possible...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8