xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'  (Read 1403 times)

Mad_Gouki

• Archived User
Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2008, 02:09:00 AM »

We all know the risks when we break laws or contracts, if you get banned for breaking a user agreement, you knew it would happen.  With that said, there is no reason to freak out over whether or not the ban will happen.  It will happen or it won't.  I know a few people who had legitimate copies of Halo3 before the release date, and they were not banned.  MS might investigate, or they could just be trying to scare people, there is no telling, and we won't know until people get banned, if they do.  It's a stupid thing to worry about.

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nutstool @ Apr 25 2008, 12:46 AM) *

Man this is hilarious! All this fuss over piracy of a game that makes it's name off criminal activity! Does anyone see the irony here? I'm pissing my pants right now with laughter! Rockstar wants to moan about piracy of their game? Then stop making games that glorify criminal activities! Twats!

haha thats a good point actually

funny thing is there are a few originals been played on live atm, i mean its out in jersey and i could buy it from work right now if i wanted to (i'd get in trouble for it though)

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nutstool @ Apr 24 2008, 05:46 PM) View Post

Man this is hilarious! All this fuss over piracy of a game that makes it's name off criminal activity! Does anyone see the irony here? I'm pissing my pants right now with laughter! Rockstar wants to moan about piracy of their game? Then stop making games that glorify criminal activities! Twats!

Do you know the difference between a video game and reality? So your trying to justify real life crimes because of a video game?! Maybe you should join Jack Thompson's team. Your the kinda guy Jack Thompson is looking for in his case of banning violent video games.

XHN_SCRAPY

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2008, 03:11:00 AM »

i think Microsoft will be taking some kind of LEGAL ACTION against all the gamertags that have been playing it.
but thats just me lol.
 I would take action lol, those who have played it can't say they haven't lol and that means some mulla for me' lol.
well o well i don't have 360 right now lol a friends kid decided to use it as a play toy...and dropped it from the second story lol.    "i played pick up all the pieces for a few hrs lol."

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2008, 03:26:00 AM »

Way too many ban posts in both threads.   wink.gif

Dont worry, mods can yank memberships at any time.

Word to the wise, the ESA is watching this bigtime.  Don't be surprised if your ISP cancels your service.  Just a heads up.

XLNC

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2008, 04:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(gehx @ Apr 25 2008, 07:50 AM) *

maybe maybe not, I don't know what and how much data the 360 logs and sends back to MS...it might log dates too, then you're console would be flaged and eventually banned, thus, making it useless for xbl

figure out another way and you might be on to something

They won't ban on the basis of you playing the game too early since not everybody sets their date and time, my dates around something like 25th Nov 2005 and I'll be playing the game on the 29th Nov 2005, a whole 3 yrs and 4 months early, would that seem realistic to MS?

Connecting to live is whole different story where the date and time is set automatically, so you may be flagged but I still doubt it.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2008, 04:16:00 AM »

Thread is being sorted through at the minute. BANs from XS are not negotiable.
I have to chuckle at all the "NEW" members who spring up whenever they can promote piracy. The staff here are well aware you are the same morons who have previously been shown the exit door on XS for piracy before. Don't feel you need to give clues such as using the same avatar or anything. It makes it too easy.
The guy who buys the legit copy is not the one who could be banned from live or here.
The guy who is already banned from here, has already bought 2  consoles due to previous bans, is about to be banned again from XS and is about to be banned gain from XBL thinks he is the smart one mouthing off in here about it.
 it stands out a mile which one is as thick as a donkeys knob

If you want to brag about your piracy do it elsewhere. this thread already has enough posts garbaged

zae333

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blurrz @ Apr 25 2008, 06:59 AM) *

do you have the 360 or ps3 version?  i started playing it and i had no trouble avoiding the cops (they are EVERYWHERE!), and i have the 360 version.

this game is amazing...the cars, driving, pedestrians, are so realistic!  the city is incredibly detailed and being from nyc i recognize tons of landmarks and streets.  the only negative is that niko walks slow as hell, but maybe he gets faster as the game goes on?  i dont think so, so you pretty much have to run (tap a) all the time.

zae333, did you notice how slow niko walks?

Yes, he walks "Turtle" slow, lol.  And what is with this new ability to choose whether or not to kill some of the targets in this game?  I wonder if there will be different endings depending on who you decide to kill and who you decide to let live?  But yeah, like you said, Niko walks way too slow and you do find yourself tapping the A button all the time. O, and I have the 360 version of the game.

This post has been edited by zae333: Apr 25 2008, 12:10 PM

zae333

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2008, 04:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(luther349 @ Apr 25 2008, 09:06 AM) View Post

acully if the leaked copy did have such flags a legit copy would not so if someone got a real disk early that would not mean ban hammer only the poisiond pirate copy's would be effected. acully that would be a great idea to do on the next majer game release and kill off some real pirates not homebrew modders. pirate plus live = way more expensive then buying games new console every time the ban hammer hits. see m$ doesent need to stop piracy they just need to make it expensive.

O.K. let's stop the "leaked copy has flags to...wtf ever" B.S.  Do you guys know how idiotic that sounds.  I do not condone piracy but let's just say that the leaked copy is a one to one match to my original disc.  No flags, no possible way to tell it, the infamous leaked copy, from my purchased original.  I backup my own games and I verify the information in my backups is as 100% accurate as my originals.  Now enough of this "flags" none sense, sounds like a bunch of people that are just envious of those of us who got it early.  What does it really matter anyway......I can tell you 100% there will be no ban for playing this early....period....

midnightcharger2

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »

from my standpoint, game companies should start embracing digital downloads.  From a financial standpoint, if the system was a alot more secure, imagine the amount of money that could be saved from manufacturing costs along with the waste reduction (less production costs / transport fees / and others i may have forgotten to mention).  

Offer those whom decide to digital dl media a reasonable cut on the price and do away with region protection as it has been a wasted attempt for so long.  Multi-format for both pal and ntsc.  Bring the gaming commuity into one instead of constantly dividing it (The current way of thinking is so outdated).

Just an opinion

jas0nuk

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2008, 06:21:00 AM »

Sorry, but what the hell is there to look into? This is always going to happen when a game is so huge that copies are shipped out super early.

Edit: and if people are dumb enough to play on Xbox Live, they deserve to be banned.

This post has been edited by jas0nuk: Apr 25 2008, 01:21 PM

dcfcforever

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(jas0nuk @ Apr 25 2008, 01:21 PM) View Post

Edit: and if people are dumb enough to play on Xbox Live, they deserve to be banned.

Exactly what i was gonna post

megaman22

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2008, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(XHN_SCRAPY @ Apr 25 2008, 11:11 AM) View Post

i think Microsoft will be taking some kind of LEGAL ACTION against all the gamertags that have been playing it.
but thats just me lol.
 I would take action lol, those who have played it can't say they haven't lol and that means some mulla for me' lol.
well o well i don't have 360 right now lol a friends kid decided to use it as a play toy...and dropped it from the second story lol.    "i played pick up all the pieces for a few hrs lol."

lol

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »

I think part of the problem is the stupid release date.  Stores should be able to sell the game as soon as they get it.  There are a lot of people, who if given the option would go down to the store and buy the game legally today.  But since they have to wait until tuesday they will just download a pirated version because it is the only way to get the game.

detroitking02

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

MS can't banned ppl for playing piracy games if it's a proper backup MS cant tell rather or not if your playing a copied game or a store bought game and my friend works at Blockbuster and he got it GTA IV yesterday because they can't rent games within the first 30 days of it's release MS can't ban people for having GTA early MS and Rockstar is just trying to scare you all remember when Halo 3 was leaked out early MS couldnt ban people who had a proper backup or those who had inproper backups and to the guy who said MS should ban everyone who's playing GTA IV until they provide proof of purchase you sound so stupid alot of guys playing GTA online works for blockbuster , gamefly, and local game shops are renting it or bought theirs early
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8