xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Transfering Data From Original 20 To Wdc 120  (Read 135 times)

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
Transfering Data From Original 20 To Wdc 120
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »

Hi guys.

Here's my situation.

I've had a 20gig hdd.
Used hddhackr on my old laptop WDC 160GB.
The 160 turned easily into a 120, 360 compatible just as I thought it would. Formatted and working on the 360.
So I plugged my old 20 to a PC running Win 7 x64 and used Xplorer 360 to get the saves, profile and basically whole Partition 3 on my PC drive.
Plugged the modified WDC and transfered all the data from partition 3 from the old 20 gig.
Plugged the WDC to the Xbox and no profiles, no saves no nothing found :|.
K, listen now! Now when I plug my 20 gig to any 360, it says that no storage device was found. It looks like the 20 gig lost its compatibility with the 360. Heck. I still got the data stored on my PC but that's just weird, I think. I just wanna get my profile and saves working.

I haven't been playing with the 360 like I did with the old Xbox. I'm kinda lost. I'm sure I'm missing something. Can anybody lead me on the right track here?

This post has been edited by A.Z.BEST®: Mar 29 2010, 01:44 PM

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »

So I've found a way to make the old 20 gig working again
http://www.xboxhacke...p?topic=12062.0

But still can't find any way to make my profile working on the BEVS drive :/. Help.

edlimym

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »

care to try out fatxplorer?  xplorer360 got many versions for different hdd capacities.

trees415

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

The same thing happened to me, and here is what worked for me:

First, delete everything on ur hard drive that u added in xplorer by formatting the drive again in the xbox 360. Then, at the main menu, create a user profile, and just make sure that you save it onto your hard drive. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything like that, just make a profile like your friend would if you guys were gonna play spit screen multiplayer or something. Then, after you've created the profile, plug the HDD back into your computer, and then transfer all your stuff over in xplorer360. Once that's done, then plug it back into the Xbox, and your profile should show up. If that doesnt work, then I'd suggest trying the "recover your gamertag" option.

This should not be a complicated step by any stretch of the imagination.

This post has been edited by trees415: Apr 1 2010, 05:11 AM

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »

Thanks guys for your replies. I was afraid I'm gonna be completely lost here with no help.

trees415: interesting - I will try your method first. I already made a new profile on the WDC but I can just delete it. I don't mind really. I haven't played too much since I lost my main profile.

edimym: good point as well.

Another thing is that I'm using a laptop ATM so I can't just switch and plug the hdds as I wish. I need to make a bootable USB stick with XP first, duh...

There's another possible solution I've found but it looks like quite a pain in the ass to do...
http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=12240.0

This post has been edited by A.Z.BEST®: Apr 1 2010, 11:23 PM

trees415

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(A.Z.BEST® @ Apr 1 2010, 03:22 PM) *

Another thing is that I'm using a laptop ATM so I can't just switch and plug the hdds as I wish. I need to make a bootable USB stick with XP first, duh...

Oh man, I know your pain, my desktop only supports SATA-1, so when I was formatting a BEVT drive, I could only use my friends laptop to do it. I hated having to format the usb stick with the original HDD in, then turn it off and swap in the BEVT drive, then finding out I had the wrong port, etc etc. God it was terrible!

BTW, you only need to have it hooked up to a SATA controller when your formatting it with HDDHackr. After that, if you have an enclosure or a SATA to USB adapter, I'd use that instead when your working in Xplorer360 or whatever software your using. BTW, a member on these forums just came out with a new HDD utility, so try that out if your still having problems, I think you can download it on the X-S main page. Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(trees415 @ Apr 2 2010, 12:42 AM) View Post

Oh man, I know your pain, my desktop only supports SATA-1, so when I was formatting a BEVT drive, I could only use my friends laptop to do it. I hated having to format the usb stick with the original HDD in, then turn it off and swap in the BEVT drive, then finding out I had the wrong port, etc etc. God it was terrible!

BTW, you only need to have it hooked up to a SATA controller when your formatting it with HDDHackr. After that, if you have an enclosure or a SATA to USB adapter, I'd use that instead when your working in Xplorer360 or whatever software your using. BTW, a member on these forums just came out with a new HDD utility, so try that out if your still having problems, I think you can download it on the X-S main page. Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I just ordered a case/adapter, so maybe I won't even have to bother with installing an OS on the USB.

Thanks again, man. You're being helpful smile.gif. I'll post my results.

edlimym

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »

hi A.Z.BEST®, you wanna try one of this stuff?  http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31901

i got one myself and it is easy to use with both xplorer360 and fatxplorer.  just a thought.  cheers!

A.Z.BEST

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

Fixed!

I believe it's thanks to fatxplorer. This program seems to be better than xplorer360.

What I did was I cleared the cache on the console, then deleted the old profile and game saves with fatxplorer (using SATA->USB case) and I just insterted the old profile and saves from the old 20 gig.

This post has been edited by A.Z.BEST®: Apr 2 2010, 07:53 PM

edlimym

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 12:00:00 AM »

glad it worked for you.  yes, fatxplorer is easier to use and less buggy.  cheers!!

trees415

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(edlimym @ Apr 3 2010, 12:00 AM) View Post

glad it worked for you.  yes, fatxplorer is easier to use and less buggy.  cheers!!

I've never used it, but now I'm tempted to.

edlimym

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(trees415 @ Apr 4 2010, 06:53 AM) View Post

I've never used it, but now I'm tempted to.

hi trees415, go try it.  you will love it.  there is so much info in the partitions than xplorer360, even the name of individual profiles are listed.  very good software that is why it is not free.  cheers!