xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Harddrive Wont Format On Jtag 360  (Read 66 times)

carnagemetal

• Archived User
Harddrive Wont Format On Jtag 360
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:21:00 AM »

hi guys,

did a bit of snoooping and havnt found any useful information on this.

i have a 500gb 2.5" usb hdd and i am trying to format it on my 360 and it just wont recognise it.

i have tried every single usb port combination and it doesnt work.

i have formatted it to fat32 and in xex loader it recognises it as usb storage i just cant get my xbox to "see" it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

dave

j005u

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:00:00 AM »

You can't format a USB drive with the Xbox 360. If you want it to act as an "internal" drive like the official harddrives you need to connect is using SATA. There are a lot of posts here on this forum on how to do just that.

carnagemetal

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

ok, cheers guys.

was not aware of not being able to use the externals as internals, sooooooi just ripped the chassis' over and swapped it all out and not i have the problem or sorting out the partitions sad.gif

took me 3 boxes to get a decent jtag and now its all software issues tongue.gif

lol

anyone care to help me get my drive sorted out with partitions so i can just backup my old orig 360 drive onto my new 500 gb modded drive and a little info on how to store,save, open navigate things frm xexloader?

SlickWilly440

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

You could probably put the official 360 HDD into the USB Enclosure and copy the partitions to you computer.  Then after formatting the replacement hdd in the 360 you can put it in the enclosure and copy the backuped partitions to the new hdd from you computer.  

If that doesn't work you can just ftp to the offical 360 hdd through xexloader (Why not use the new xexloader called XexMenu or use FreeStyle Dash) and back that up.....you get the idea....

carnagemetal

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »

sorry i no this is noobie but how do i install xexmenu? i hav the files for xexmenu and the update.

do i really need the update?

thans frthe hlp just gettig inot te wole jtag thing ad some of it iseither confusing or not very clear cut and finite anwers lurking around

SlickWilly440

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(carnagemetal @ Mar 25 2010, 11:35 AM) View Post

sorry i no this is noobie but how do i install xexmenu? i hav the files for xexmenu and the update.

do i really need the update?

thans frthe hlp just gettig inot te wole jtag thing ad some of it iseither confusing or not very clear cut and finite anwers lurking around

I installed XexMenu by during the .iso version of XexMenu to a DVD, then navigated to the DVD through XexMenu, and copy/pasted the XexMenu files to the 360's hdd. (There is a tutorial on youtube)

How did you get the Xexloader onto the 360?  Getting on XexMenu should be similar.

carnagemetal

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »

i was just running the iso.

i figured out why i wouldnt work, coz i havnt got any dlc on the drive i had to create the folder "0000000000000000" so i could put he loader in it there.

now how do i backup my own games?

j005u

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:37:00 AM »

XeXMenu's context menu has an option of copying an original game (or a backup if your drive is modded) to the HDD.