xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 79 Passkey Issues  (Read 143 times)

sandcrawler

• Archived User
Hitachi 79 Passkey Issues
« on: February 17, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »

when i heated the epoxy i accedently destoroyed line 2, 3, 4, 5 but i just scraped the copper on the lines and solderd cables instead

but i got some issues now, the passkey blinks and go to mode b in windows but when i try to extract the firmware i just get "the data dumped does not match its own checksum" and i get a illegal firmware that toolbox doesent recognize

does all the lines need to be fixed in order to flash my 79 or is it something elese?

that means the lines are broken for i and and h....

(IMG:http://www.maximusgames.net/diagramas/DIAGRAM_V11.jpg)

Regards
/Sand

cory1492

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »

You picked a bad time to link to that pic, looks like the domain it was on expired.

I don't think I and H connect anywhere on that pic, though you still need to have them connected to the key itself. The one between F and E needs to go to ground and the two to the right of I should be connected to some points.

You might have damaged something else while heating...?

dj_adamix

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »

hey i have the same problem, i was using the connector , and it gave me the same problem, then i tried usisng only wieres, each wire to each letter on the chip , still same thing, drive visible in windows but wont dump the fw, i dont know whats wrong, any ideas?

dj_adamix

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »

i made sure that each wire is correctly installed and i still get a bad checksum . any ideas?

mikeytrav

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »

hi, ive got a drive with the same problem here,

can someone please post a picture of a board and show where all the legs connect to.

thank you