xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 360 Iso's  (Read 1352 times)

Tiros

• Archived User
360 Iso's
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(heinrich @ Dec 18 2005, 06:06 PM) *

If it is as simple as you claim, then where are the released tools to do just that?

The fact that they are not released only serves to make my point.
It is quite clear that those who know do not want to share and those who don't know, can only speculate.
So what is left?

Sorry about the rules comment placement (bad form on my part), I personally would LOVE to see it enforced. If I see one more post about using a game save exploit under emulation, I think I will puke  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by Tiros: Dec 18 2005, 08:51 PM

PsiDOC

• Archived User
360 Iso's
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

Hi all I am back from the grave! after a year off. wink.gif
Lots of speculation on this one isn't there? OK let's get a few facts straight.
1: An Xbox and 360 disk can be ripped using the normal Iso toolz on a PC using Windoze. You just have to modify the firmware in the DVD drive
2: What drive?
Work it out. Some of you "old skool" may have sussed it out already. ****HUGE HINT!*** It was popular a year or so ago for replacing dead Xbox drives after reflashing the firmware with the copyrighted Xbox one.
3: Where is the Firmware for: 1: The Xbox to use the drive & 2: To use in the PC?
1: I don't know. Sorry. Even if I did I cannot tell you as the Xbox firmware (Incl the one in the drives)  is copyrighted
2: The modded PC drive firmware is a serious custom job to combine the PC side of things so the drive is actually recognised and then read offsets and aothe unique attributes of the Xbox disc. Also it contains chunks of the copyrighted code. Hence it's not common knowledge where it is, but it's out there somewhere. Remember... a few of us can dissasemble binary code and get it to do what we want. wink.gif

***Also note*** If you find some firmware be careful: After modding the Drive will NOT I repeat NOT read normal DVDs. Also flashing you drive with an unknown firmware can render it useless!
This post is for information only. No responsibility is taken if you flash you drive with ANYTHING other than a reputed firmware from the drive manufacturer! IE: You want to flash your drive with an MP3 of "Anarchy in the UK" by the Sex Pistols that's up to you, but I am not responsible in any way!

Si

mirx999

• Archived User
360 Iso's
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

hmm...the 616T/F were pretty popular, as well as the NEC and LG drives....not sure which is compatible with the 360 firmware though...

cybertlcworld

• Archived User
360 Iso's
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(mirx999 @ Dec 27 2005, 10:41 PM) View Post

hmm...the 616T/F were pretty popular, as well as the NEC and LG drives....not sure which is compatible with the 360 firmware though...

NEC 3500a

Tidus_Beta

• Archived User
360 Iso's
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »

you dont need a 360 or a XDK (for 360) to do this, i usedmy pc and ONLY my pc! its simple!

Spark

• Archived User
360 Iso's
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »

I can't quite understand why anybody would want to make their own game rips right now, since they are basically useless, but if anybody could get hold of an original copy of the kiosk demo, then it would be interesting to see how it compares to PIs iso.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]