xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Media Center Problems  (Read 51 times)

hyp96er

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Media Center Problems
« on: November 24, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »

I have everything set up correctly for the xbox 360 media center extender. I can access my PC's music, videos, and pictures. But when i go to play a music file. The file does not play. The time of the song does not change, just does not play at all, for every song.

Same with the video, when i select a video file, it opens to a black screen, no sound no video, and then says done afterwards.

I can view pictures. Just cannot play music or video. Ive searched through all the forums and havnt ran into anyone with this problem. I turned off my firewall and tested, still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

I would try burning some of the files to a DVD and see if that plays on the 360. That will at least rule out the 360, for the most part. Also, try playing them through the Xbox360 dashboard (not the Extender) and see if that works. This has to be a PC issue... do you have another PC you can test with? If you don't, I suggest throwing in an old hard drive and doing a clean install of Windows MCE/Vista. This will be the best way to isolate the issue. Alot of work, but sometimes that's the price for being a geek  happy.gif

hyp96er

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

yeh, im pretty sure its a pc (Vista Ultimate) issue. I enabled a bunch of services that were previously disabled that i thought would relate to network sharing or MCE, but that didn't work.  Was just kinda hoping someone else has had a similar problem and and a solution=/

impimpin206

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

I'm running Vista. Did you set the network to 'home' and enable all the sharing options in 'Network & Sharing Center'? I can screenshot my sharing center if you need to compare.

hyp96er

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

i have the network set to private network (users can see and share each others files. Only options are Public and Private, where public limits networking). All the sharing options are enabled with zero restrictions. Interstingly enough i cant find my computer on the xbox by selecting pics,vid,music in the media tab, only if i start Xbox360 media extender