xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Storing Media On The Hdd  (Read 111 times)

Scrufdog

• Archived User
Storing Media On The Hdd
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »

I've read you can rip CD's to the HDD, does this include CD's that are burnt into an actual CD format, not an mp3 format? If I SATA the drive into my computer can I move music files over to it?

I've read you cant get videos stored on the HDD, just want to verify that this is true.... and the only way to view videos is streaming on a DVD in the drive. Does it read burned DVD's?

Anybody with the Elite or 120GB drive actually fill it up yet?

I'm keeping an eye out for a Falcon Elite but if I cant get movies onto the HDD, I'm wondering how else I'll fill it up....

jbjordan

• Archived User
Storing Media On The Hdd
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

I've read you cant get videos stored on the HDD, just want to verify that this is true.... and the only way to view videos is streaming on a DVD in the drive. Does it read burned DVD's?

It READS "Backup" DVDs with no problems at all.
I also use a Portable HDD. I format it with macdrive and then convert my movies or music videos top .wmv or Mpeg and it plays everything cleanly.

This is a good one dont even have the 20 gig filled but i do belive that people could fill it up with all the TV shows and movies that are at xbox live i could see it being done quickly but very expensively.

Scrufdog

• Archived User
Storing Media On The Hdd
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »

what about mp3's? Can you use Xplorer360 to dump music onto the box and have it read it, or will it only read wma or ripped CDs?

tha754boy

• Archived User
Storing Media On The Hdd
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(jbjordan @ Nov 24 2007, 10:00 PM) View Post

This is a good one dont even have the 20 gig filled but i do belive that people could fill it up with all the TV shows and movies that are at xbox live i could see it being done quickly but very expensively.

I have over 30 gigs of stuff on mine. Mostly demos that have piled up and marketplace content I have downloaded. I really hate seeing the other 80 gigs go unused and would love it if M$ allowed us to store our own videos on it  blink.gif