xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best Buy and Wal-Mart Offer Toshiba HD-A2 for Less Than 100usd  (Read 387 times)

belke

• Archived User
Best Buy and Wal-Mart Offer Toshiba HD-A2 for Less Than 100usd
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »

me and my friend woke up bright and early and headed to wal-mart to get the HDDVD player and we both got one. I was surprised to see about 10 people waiting in line for the player and 20-30 for the laptop they were offering. I read on the website that there was only going to be 10 HDDVD players per wal-mart but ours had around 20-30. Of course we bought transformers and watched it on his 37" lcd and might I say it looked beautiful. I will most likely be selling mine though, hoping to make a few extra bucks once they get sold out smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

damn... I hope walmart still has stock when I get out of work  sad.gif

EDIT: called around... all sold out sad.gif

2K4EVOVIII

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(tha754boy @ Nov 2 2007, 03:26 PM) View Post

I had to go to 2 WalMarts to get mine because they had sold out at the first store. HDDVD player and 5 free movies for $100.......too good of a deal to pass up  jester.gif

That makes two of us. Went to the first Walmart and they were sold out by 8:00 A.M. went to the second and they had 5 left. I got two of them and buy the time i got everything paid for they were sold out. Then you get 5 free movies too! Man i think this is going to hurt BR big time. Dont know if you guys read what Sony said about Walmart dropping the price but they stated that they will continue to sell there BR players at $399 through the holidays.  dry.gif

Oh well GO HD-DVD!!!  love.gif

TheSchonk

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »

I picked mine up at 11:55pm tonight biggrin.gif . They had like 4 left too.

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »

good luck finding one anywhere.. they have been discontinued for awhile now, and both companies are doing it just to blow thru their stock. screwed up part is that walmart knew they didn't have any, yet created the buzz to get people in their door (hence not listing a minimum quantity per store like best buy always does on deals like this)..  also screwed up? walmart told their employees to sell people as much accessories as they could and then send people to best buy for a price match on the player itself (instead of even trying to have them upsell the customer to a different player) .. that way best buy would get screwed on margin erosion .. they're doing it with a $1k 42" plasma as well.. very under-handed move that you will see pretty often this holiday season.

walmart is definitely throwing down the gauntlet with this move..

oh, and for those thinking that walmart must've made a ton of money on this.. they didn't. those players were actually sold for quite a bit below cost.  this was a pure and simple power play..

ZX3Junglist

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 02:19:00 AM »

I got mine!

Think I may sell it though, it only does 1080i and my new LCD is 1080p..

kilroy2

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

Tried stopping in to a local Best Buy. They didn't have any A2's and weren't offering any rain checks. They did, however, mention that they're going to sell the A3 models for $199 on Black Friday. That's $100 off the normal price of $299.

Apparently they've run this promotion before (based off posts I've read elsewhere), so this isn't special.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

21cwSpanky

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 1 2007, 11:29 PM) View Post

screw the add on drive... I'd take a stand-alone unit any day of the week.

this is too good of a deal NOT to pass up, At $100 you can buy it and still be a fence sitter that rents HD-DVDs in the mean time  biggrin.gif

I just picked up a 30GB Zune for $89 earlier this week too... Another deal that was too good to pass up, though I'll probably use it as gift  rolleyes.gif ... maybe  laugh.gif

Eh I'm enjoying my addon drive actually, mainly because I can hook it up to my computer if I want to.

SphtKr76

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(ZX3Junglist @ Nov 6 2007, 02:55 AM) View Post

I got mine!

Think I may sell it though, it only does 1080i and my new LCD is 1080p..

Keep it. Unless your TV has a terrible scaler in it then you will not be able tell ANY difference in PQ. As long as your set can properly de-interlace then you will be seeing a beautiful 1080p picture on screen.....
Pages: 1 2 [3]