xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Not Finding Any Of Videos Anymore Over The Network  (Read 53 times)

kornesque

• Archived User
360 Not Finding Any Of Videos Anymore Over The Network
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

i had this exact problem once before. try rebuilding your library...i'm assuming you're streaming via WMP11? that worked for myself, let us know.

p.s. - also try to dis/reconnect to the computer before trying to stream again.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »

Yep, I had the same problem.  I've had to "fix" it three times.  Streaming video across the network to the 360 is incredibly clunky and unreliable.

I've been doing it for years with XBMC and NEVER had an issue.  Microsoft could learn a thing or two from XBMC!

kornesque

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »

good to hear that man. yeah, it is certainly clunky...you should try with media center. whatever protocol it uses to establish a connection is absolutely terrible. i've had to rebuild my connection at least 5 times since i got it up and running. at least we know how to "fix" it.

IanJ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:13:00 AM »

Hi,

I've a slightly different problem. I use Media Center have configured MC to look at e:\My Videos for my vids. I add vids all the time and it's always picked up immediately by MC on the 360.

However, I also have WMP11 have shared e:\My Videos but, from the 360 it seems stuck with old vids, and when I drop new vids in there they aren't picked up.

I have tried reseting the folder in WMP11 but it's the same.

Not toooo worried as MC works fine.....just a bit clunky. I'm hoping the imminent 360 update will fix that........!

Ian.