xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network Drives  (Read 76 times)

bill55

• Archived User
Network Drives
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cannonz @ Apr 22 2007, 07:42 PM) View Post

Hi ppl,

Can anyone shed any light on a problem i'm having with my 360 & vista... Firstly i know the first thing you gonna say is don't use vista but unfortunatley it's here to stay so i might as well get used to it smile.gif
Anyway i've setup media center in 360 no problem apart from it only sees the local drives of the vista PC and not any mapped network drives on the vista system...???
Media centre on the vista PC can see the mapped drives is there any issue that the 360 cannot see mapped drives in media centre...??

Any info plz
Cannonz

I've been trying to find an answer to this same question. I saw a post a while back that had you using a Netlogon folder on the Vista PC with a bat file in it that was supposed to allow the 360 to add network folders, but I never got it working.

bill55

• Archived User
Network Drives
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »

I just got it working. Try these instructions:

http://blog.vanosdal...8292c9f722.aspx

MrNorts

• Archived User
Network Drives
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(bill55 @ Jun 3 2007, 03:34 PM) View Post

I just got it working. Try these instructions:

http://blog.vanosdal...8292c9f722.aspx

I have a similar problem but with XP, can you post that link again it didn't show a pagewhen I tried?

MrNorts

ctnEclo

• Archived User
Network Drives
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »

you could maybe try pasting a shortcut to the networked drive in you My Videos section. that's worked for me with an external drive that i don't always have on and my laptop, using both media center and the zune software. i don't know if this will work in your guy's situation because of possible differences with a networked drive.