xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Device Wont Show.  (Read 84 times)

chrisc0le

• Archived User
Usb Device Wont Show.
« on: November 30, 2006, 03:49:00 AM »

Is it formatted as FAT?  any other filesystem wont work.
I know NTFS wont work and i'm pretty sure FAT32 doesnt either.

gurry

• Archived User
Usb Device Wont Show.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

Hmmm it came pre- formatted with all the software and firmware setup. Dont fancy formatting and bricking my archos so Ill get myself a hd and enclosure and format as FAT - is it easy enough to format as fat? Does partition magic etc allow this (as Ill obtain the necessary software to do this.

Many thanks

Gurry

gurry

• Archived User
Usb Device Wont Show.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 05:08:00 AM »

I did a wee bit of digging and found this - which answers my question in part and thought t may be useful to others with 'issues' especially ipod users as the add on is required.

Fully Supported

Players listed here are equipped to play both unprotected and protected audio files, right out of the box.
iRiver   H10 (5GB, 6GB, and 20GB)

Supported

Players listed here work with Xbox 360 but may require a firmware update available from their manufacturer's Web site. The update may or may not allow supported players to play protected as well as unprotected audio files through Xbox 360.
Apple iPod, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle (Note: in order to play unprotected AAC files, all iPod players require a free download from Xbox Live Marketplace using Xbox 360: "Optional iPod Support")

Creative Labs Zen Sleek, Portable Media Center, Zen Vision, Jukebox Zen Xtra, Zen Touch, Zen Micro, MuVo NX, MuVo TX - FM, Zen Nano Plus
Dell   Pocket DJ
Gateway MP3 Photo Jukebox
iRiver   Portable Media Center, IFP-790T, IFP-890T (256MB), U10, T10, H320/340
RCA   Lyra RD1072A
Rio   Carbon, Forge
Samsung   PMC, YP-T5 YEPP (256MB), YP-MT6, YP-T5V/XAA
SanDisk   Sansa e140
Sony   PSP

Unsupported

Players listed here use a proprietary protocol that is not supported by Xbox 360.
Archos   Pocket Video Recorder

Creative Labs Jukebox 2, Jukebox 3, Jukebox Zen, Jukebox Zen NX, Nomad IIC (64MB)
Gateway   DMP-X20

iRiver   IFP-140, IFP-180T, IFP-195T, IFP-340, IFP-380T, IFP-590T
Rio 800, Cali (256MB), Chiba, Eigen, Fuse, Karma, Nitrus, Riot
Samsung YP-910

big nasty 187

• Archived User
Usb Device Wont Show.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

you gotta have it FAT32. I just bought a Maxtor 200 gig hard drive and formatted it with this CD that came along with the drive. If you want, i'll send you the ISO of it.