xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mce 2005 With Xbox 360 Using Unc Issues  (Read 85 times)

CodeName_P

• Archived User
Mce 2005 With Xbox 360 Using Unc Issues
« on: January 15, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

Download and install this program. Once installed, run "Edit my Collection". When adding titles, just select the movies on your remote HD. Make sure your convert your movies into wma files. otherwise the 360 wont read them. you can find that program below as well. This should take care of your video problem, but not sure about the picture files. Good Luck.

My Movies - My Movies

Videora - Videora

RogueStorm

• Archived User
Mce 2005 With Xbox 360 Using Unc Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Witchdoctor120 @ Jan 14 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post

Has anyone tried using MCE 2005 and sharing Videos and Pictures from a remote drive. I have MCE 2005 with the rollout update and my videos are on a 300 gig drive on another server (i.e. \\<servername\videos). The problem is tha when I go to the XBOX 360 to connect to the MCE it refuses to look at the UNC drive I set up in the Media Center Extender share configuration.

Thanks!

I wondered the same thing.  I just got my MCE 2005 installed day before yesterday.  I intend on setting up a *nix based file server and running iSCSI on it.  Using the MS iSCSI adapter, an iSCSI attached drive is treated as if it were a hard drive installed on the machine.  My plan is to connect the file server directly to my MCE box using a crossover cable and a pair of gigabit NICs.  This should allow me to store a nearly unlimited amount of data on my backend file server while "tricking" MCE into thinking that the stuff is stored locally on a drive.  It's a poor man's SAN basically.  That's my weekend project.