xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Marketplace Download  (Read 136 times)

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« on: December 02, 2005, 12:52:00 AM »

Hey I was looking through the MarketPlace tonight and saw some kind of download for iPod support... anyone know what this is??? I don't have an iPod so I can't play with it nor would I have a reason to Download it... Just curious.. asked in the general 360 forums but thought it belonged here more...

hugoboss1

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

I believe it is I-tunes.Im going to download it tonight.

I have an Ipod and wow it is so cool to put that bad boy in the 360's usb port. It says my name it also sorts all the albums,songs, and artists.....Its worth getting one if you want a great music expirience with the 360..

I also think you might be able to download songs with that 360 download.

This post has been edited by hugoboss1: Dec 2 2005, 06:55 PM

dalezer

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

XBOX LIVE DASH --> Xbox Live Marketplace --> Game Downloads --> All Games (tab) --> Alphabetical List of Games -->Optional iPod Support

Tripme

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

All it is is a codec to be able to play the aac files on your ipod.  You cant play them or see them until you have downloaded this.  I was so thankful that they had this because most of the stuff on my ipod was encoded in aac.

XaroN

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

almost all the songs i try to play from i ipod does not work, i think it only goes from the songs i have ripped from original cd's. I do not know why it doesnt work, and the update didnt fix it.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

as soon as i put in the i-pod it said my name and it even played my burned cd's with the titles i added to them so i havent had a problem and i havent dowloaded any to do with my i-pod yet. I thought it was i-tunes.

zombie4rave

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »

Even with the update it wont play any tracks the have file encryption. If you got it from Itunes you probably wont be able to play in through the 360.

jmi

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tripme @ Dec 3 2005, 12:37 AM) *

All it is is a codec to be able to play the aac files on your ipod.  You cant play them or see them until you have downloaded this.  I was so thankful that they had this because most of the stuff on my ipod was encoded in aac.

In my case the m4a files showed up from the ipod, but wouldn't play until the codecs was downloaded. Just got the red stop sign in the Music Player. Guess MS would like to keep this on a need-to-know basis to save on licensing costs. The aac/m4a files on my XP PC still won't show through the 360, though.

This post has been edited by jmi: Dec 14 2005, 02:55 AM

nectar12

• Archived User
Marketplace Download
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

wait.. so ONLY aac files on an ipod can be played through the 360?