xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: -------->bios For Xbox V1.1?<---------  (Read 147 times)

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
-------->bios For Xbox V1.1?<---------
« on: November 19, 2002, 11:02:00 AM »

i was planning on exchaning my current xbox for a new one, but i'm worried i'll end up with a v1.1  does anyone know if a bios is out for the v1.1 systems yet?   or how the development is going?

thanks.

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 11:06:00 AM »

not out yet, but hopefully real soon.   beerchug.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 11:07:00 AM »

do you recommend i make the purchase then?  i have 5 days to return my box.  so i will be able to get a new one at no extra cost.  but should i get it if it's only v1.1 boxes?

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »

well that's a personal preference, if you can't wait to mod it, then keep it and mod it now since the one you have is a ver. 1 if you can be patient and wait, then take it back and get a ver. 1.1 since from what i hear that dvd drive  will play most anything, including cd-r's but i can't confirm this since i only have ver. 1 box's.  i will buy a ver. 1.1 when the bios that supports them comes out personally.   beerchug.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 11:25:00 AM »

my problem is, incase you didn't catch it, that i am banned on xbox live.  i have a matrix modchip already.  i wanted to just switch boxes.

i guess i can go and ask the store for a v1, saying i want one with  a fan on the gpu so my xbox doesn't burn.  haha.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 01:28:00 PM »

btw, hahahaha, bios for v1.1 just came out right NOW!  check front page!

this is gonna be great.

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2002, 01:32:00 PM »

yeah, i saw that, good thing i answered the question b4 it came out, haha   laugh.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »

hummm  digity.  i'm wondering.  what is the difference between version 1 and version 1.1 boxes?

i'm interesting to know.   is the board design the same?  i mean, the will matrix still work on there without soldering?  or did they redesign the entire motherboard?  also, anyone know which dvd drive it's using?  whether it's thomson or samsung?  and one last thing, the gpu.  this one doesn't have a fan on the gpu.  isn't that bad?  i mean, won't the system heat up more?  won't this damage it somehow???

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2002, 02:59:00 PM »

the gpu has me really worried.  i'm normally one of those guys that has fans on every spot possible on my pc, and i'd do the same for my xbox, but there's no room in it.  anyways, i don't like using jus heatsinks.  the xbox DOES get pretty hot.

can anyone add anything to my knowledge [or lack there of]  about the gpu running with just a heatsink on it?

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2002, 03:19:00 PM »

ArMaGeDdOn, don't be a jackass and return a banned XBox from Xbox Live

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2002, 03:29:00 PM »

I agree with shanafan here , please don't start returning your banned boxes to Wal-Mart for new ones [ think of all the poor kids out there that might get your old one and have no-clue what is wrong sad.gif - this could certainly make for a bad X-mas for some kid that just opened the not totally new Xbox and Xbox LIVE starter kit from mom & pop ] . Just sell your old box to somebody that has no intention of playing Live with it or wants it only to run homebrew stuff .
--- DGP ---

clifface

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2002, 04:13:00 PM »

If you buy an xbox, you will either need to open it perfectly so that they can't tell it was opened when you try to return it or you will need to open the box so it doesn't look like you opened the box.  If you make it so the box doesn't look opened it will go back on the shelf.  I can see a lot of people messing up when removing the two stickers to get to the screws so they will try to make it look like they never opened the box.  This can and will only cause chaos.

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2002, 05:25:00 PM »

fuck ANYONE that gives me crap about some poor bastard kids "x-mas" present.  the system will NOT be sold unless it is in un-opened box!  if it is opened, it will be sent back to MS.  no worries there.

and fuck you all.  You can go buy a sefcond xbox, but i have an xbox that i've owned for 3 weeks now.  i went out and bought xblive, and a copy of mechassault [original.  not ripped or pirated], and i came home, tried playing, and i was banned.   what about my christmas you little shit?  the thing is, that even if it gets sold to someone else, it will cause problems for MS.

do NOT give me shit!  if you pay for my new xbox, sure.  i'll keep this one, and buy a new one, otherwise, SHUT THE FUCK UP!  i'm not ripping anyone but MS off!  and i shouldn't have been banned in the first place.  i had legit game cd!!

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2002, 06:36:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

anyways, i just went and i was easily able to swap my xbox since it wasn't 30 days from date on receipt yet.  tongue.gif  now i'm gonna go play.  biggrin.gif

ArMaGeDdOn

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2002, 07:29:00 PM »

mechassault.

god i love that game!  it is AWESOME!  so far i have only played it with upto 10 players on gamespy.  hope it's great on xbox live too!
Pages: [1] 2