xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: A Fix For Connectivity Issues.  (Read 393 times)

opjose

• Archived User
A Fix For Connectivity Issues.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2002, 10:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Nov 17 2002, 04:59 AM)
this is a reply from way back in the beginning, directed towards opjose, what if i dont wanna change my eeprom, is there any way around it? and just what the hell is a Kerberos  uhh.gif

Someone will have to write a utility (not me) to modify the Xbox's serial number and mac address in "unison" and adjust the encrypted header correctly.

It would be vastly helpful to have a few consecutively numbered EEPROM dumps to verify that things were being coded and decodded properly.

Re: Kerberos

Consider a google search.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2002, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (NIGHTBREED @ Nov 17 2002, 03:31 AM)
BETA TESTERS...

If in the past you have logged on to XBL with the BETA=non retail version (before nov 15th) with the mod chip ON then M$ already have your serial/mac address #s, so on the 15th when they started the servers with the blocking/not responding authentication they ALREADY HAD YOUR INFORMATION. It was just a question of adding it to their databases.

This is just like DIRECT TV serial#s and all...

By the way don't you guys find it funny that M$ is in a way HACKING US...
We've been doing it for a long time and i think it's their turn...
Lets show them that the best minds are not on their payroll...

Cheers to all of the over 500 post (i don't know how you do it)

No this is all incorrect conjecture.

I've already proven this wrong.

NaughtyNu

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2002, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (NIGHTBREED @ Nov 17 2002, 03:31 AM)
This is just like DIRECT TV serial#s and all...

Actually they just removed the old H card out of the stream smile.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2002, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (clifface @ Nov 17 2002, 05:44 AM)
So, opjose what do you think the best solution is at this time?  Wait for MS to fix this or get another xbox?  I want to play on live but don't mind waiting a little while till this is straightened out, I just don't want to be waiting weeks.  Thank you for all your help and research.  MS should hire you biggrin.gif

Heh,

The M-icrosoft techs have been blaming the ISP's all day on the forums.

It's funny to see the ISP's firing back that it's M-icrosoft's problems.

There are some REALLY long threads from people with non-modded xboxes dropping like flies from the service.

The ISP's are also talking about how they are not blocking ports and that they have even put the xboxes directly on the backbones just to test... heh.

Yeap it's a M-icrosoft problem.

I'd give it a few days to be sorted out though.

Questioner

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2002, 11:34:00 AM »

deleted

gilbrt

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2002, 11:43:00 AM »

Hello out there, I too have gotten the xbox not found error. I was a beta tester and have a matrix modded xbox, with ybox hack. I was able to connect to xbox live with no problem until. 11/16/02. I got the update(retail) disc from m$ and loaded it up on the 15th. Played mech assault and unreal tournament online. Something strange did happen when I went to eject the disc. The xbox turned off, then back on then off again, at the same time I could hear the dvd spinning up then stopping and spinning up again. It did this for a minute or so. I finally unplugged it, had to reset clock. After that incident, I was no longer able to connect to live.
I do agree that the problem is due to the serial # not being recognized or authenticated what ever terminolgy you want to use, but I don't believe it is by accident. M$ has more than likely detected mod chip and put serial # in database that will not allow access. The possibility that their snooping software erroneously reported non modded boxes as modded ones could explain why non modded boxes or experiencing the same error. I myself will not go and buy another xbox, I can play on gamespy or some other alternative until we come up with a solution for this obstacle.

pvwr

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2002, 03:09:00 PM »

The reason you don't get a denied response back from the Kerberos authentication, is that it helps in hacking. No response is better as far as MS is concerned.

Good point. It helps on the confusion on trying to figure out what's going on. After all, this could be told as a "server issue".

angone54321

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2002, 03:22:00 PM »

sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

dvdvideo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »

"MAC addresses are GLOBALLY UNIQUE ID's for a reason , and if you start changing your xbox ones willy nilly , then it will cause problems for people with proper unmoddded xboxes , who are just trying to use a service"

Except that if that did happen in mass, MS would actually be forced to turn off the ban.

What I don't get is why they banned the xbox machines, it seems a poor choice, since:

A: You can't play online with a mod chip no matter what anyhow.
B: You can't play a backup game online no matter what.

They could have just banned the Live accounts.    But they were trying to be smart, figured they didn't want to lose the potenetial monthly revenue from the live customers.  Force them to buy a new xbox seemed to be the right choice.    What they did not count on or think enough of:

A: People taking make thier moddded bannded systems to the stores.  (i.e cost MS money)
B: People selling thier banned xboxes, thus creating a group of unhappy new customer who can't log on.
C: People changing thier serial # thusly causing problems for legit customers.  
D: The cost involved in the machines that the mod chip owners buy.

I think just banning the live accounts that had a mod chip would havebeen a better choice for them.  That or just go with the modchip = no play, that would have worked.

PillMonster

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2002, 05:01:00 PM »

PillMonster

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2002, 05:40:00 PM »

I am not trying to spoil the efforts of hackers at all, and in fact admire the hacking work that has been done on the xbox. You however, from your limited knowledge are not what I would consider to be a hacker.

Beantown

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2002, 10:45:00 PM »

flamethrower.gif          pop.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2002, 10:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (dvdvideo @ Nov 17 2002, 11:49 PM)
"MAC addresses are GLOBALLY UNIQUE ID's for a reason , and if you start changing your xbox ones willy nilly , then it will cause problems for people with proper unmoddded xboxes , who are just trying to use a service"

Except that if that did happen in mass, MS would actually be forced to turn off the ban.

What I don't get is why they banned the xbox machines, it seems a poor choice, since:

A: You can't play online with a mod chip no matter what anyhow.
B: You can't play a backup game online no matter what.

They could have just banned the Live accounts.    But they were trying to be smart, figured they didn't want to lose the potenetial monthly revenue from the live customers.  Force them to buy a new xbox seemed to be the right choice.    What they did not count on or think enough of:

A: People taking make thier moddded bannded systems to the stores.  (i.e cost MS money)
B: People selling thier banned xboxes, thus creating a group of unhappy new customer who can't log on.
C: People changing thier serial # thusly causing problems for legit customers.  
D: The cost involved in the machines that the mod chip owners buy.

I think just banning the live accounts that had a mod chip would havebeen a better choice for them.  That or just go with the modchip = no play, that would have worked.

Yeap, especially the last choice. This makes the most fiscal sense from their perspective.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2002, 11:38:00 PM »

While I remain unconvinced that the connectivity issues are related to mod chip detection at present... and there are a few juvenile flamers here  (you know how you are!)...

Let it not be said that I've endangered anyones prized posession through ANY assertion.

To that end please
HEAD THIS CAVEAT....

Until more is known, assume XBLive will CATCH your modded Xbox and ban you!

I'm not saying that this is indeed the case, but I am advising EVERYONE to err on this side of caution for your own sake, by assuming that this is true.

angone54321

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2002, 12:34:00 AM »

brywalker all the stuff u post is on assumption, cuz ur a quitter.

jpose said himself he has 2 virgin boxes that are banned, so how do u explain that brywalker? maybe they arnt banned and everything he is saying is true, did that ever cross ur mind?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5