xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Polls For Restricting Rights Of Muslims-americans  (Read 689 times)

pegasys

• Archived User
Polls For Restricting Rights Of Muslims-americans
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

Those things happen in all wars, it's virtually unavoidable.  The reason people are so upset about the war is that many including myself feel that the was is un-necissary, and is just creating more hatred, and just begging for more teror attacks and bloodshed.  There are people who believe that ISLAMIC terrorists need to be eradicated, and there are people who think that AMERICAN "Terrorists" need to be eradicated(not saying that our soldiers are terorists, just our president.).  It's all about POV.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

futbol4kee

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »

sleep.gif . Its happened to me. I am a 16 year old persian. however i do not practice anykind of formal religion.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(futbol4kee @ Jan 3 2005, 03:44 PM)
em. all i have to say is that how would you feel being muslim or not but from that region and you go into an airport and the everyone stares at you and when you go through the security scanner and ur told uve been chosen for a random check    sleep.gif . Its happened to me. I am a 16 year old persian. however i do not practice anykind of formal religion.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »

I don't deny that profiling does occur... but unfortunately there are reasons for it.

Nevertheless, everyone gets randomly screwed by screeners.  I'm white with light hair and around Christmas I got "personal" attention... requiring a pat down, detailed search of my bags, shoes, and clothes.  I've learned never to wrap christmas presents before travelling... luckily they didn't have to tear any wrapping paper off my gifts.

fishlord

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hercules Q Einstein @ Dec 20 2004, 01:55 AM)
As oppose to how they treat americans now??

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(The unProfessional @ Jan 3 2005, 08:28 PM)
I don't deny that profiling does occur... but unfortunately there are reasons for it.

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

The terrorists are extremely brave, they are sacraficing their lives for a cause, regardless of how horrible that cause might be.  Terrorisum is the poor mans warfair. And since most of our enimies with the exeption of North Korea are "poor" thats the kinds of war that are going to be fought.  During the American Revolution the colonists were seen as cowards and terrorists by the rest of the world because they didn't wear bright red and stand in line.  It's all perspective.

sp00nz

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(K98 @ Dec 25 2004, 04:52 AM)
Well how would you feel if family or friends were some of the people killed on 9/11 by ISLAM terrorists? I still would like to see where you people get these "shoot innocent children" "rape women" ideas from that our soldiers are apparently doing every 10 minutes.

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

I believe in an eye for an eye, but only for the person responsible.  Eye for an eye, in a global sense does not work, it also does not work in a suicide attak because the guilty party is already dead.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(pegasys @ Jan 3 2005, 08:53 PM)
During the American Revolution the colonists were seen as cowards and terrorists by the rest of the world because they didn't wear bright red and stand in line.

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(EverythingButAnAnswer @ Jan 4 2005, 05:43 AM)
At least they still had honor and were respectable, they didn't cower behind women and children, and slaughter innocent people in a barbaric fashion. The Islamic extremists have no honor, and are fucking cowards.

Baner

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(pegasys @ Jan 3 2005, 02:53 PM)
The terrorists are extremely brave, they are sacraficing their lives for a cause, regardless of how horrible that cause might be.  Terrorisum is the poor mans warfair. And since most of our enimies with the exeption of North Korea are "poor" thats the kinds of war that are going to be fought.  During the American Revolution the colonists were seen as cowards and terrorists by the rest of the world because they didn't wear bright red and stand in line.  It's all perspective.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

During the Revolutionary war, colonists were out-numbered and out-gunned, yet faced their enemies on open battlefields... face to face.  You need to work on your definition of bravery.

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

I said it was horrible and terrible, but it is brave to sacrafice your life for a cause that you believe in(no matter how twisted and cruel it may be).  They are using terrorist tactics, in my opinion it is a horrible, but valid form of warfare (alls fair in love and war), they don't have the resorces to fight a conventional war, so they must resort to terrorisum.  They were against the way the entire worl worked, the world's capitalistic economies are. They wanted to bring down world trade, so they attacked the WTC, a civillian target.  I believe in capitalisum, and I'm sure most of you do aswell, so that makes them "wrong".  The terrorists are not soldiers in a traditional respect, but they are fighting a war, the only way they possibly have a chance of winning(I hope not).  Put yourself in their shoes, what would you do if the entire world was communist, and you lived in a small poor capitalistic state, with virtually no recorces slowly being taken over by communisum.  The only way to preserve you way of life was to resort to terrorisum, whould that be cowardly.  The only cowardly thing that they have done is hide in schools and churches.  They are using the only tactics that they can.  War is hell and what they and we are doing is terrible, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  I am against the terrorists, but at least I give them some respect, for the fact that they are fighting for what they believe.  I would kill one in an instant if I had the oppertunity to stop them from hurting my country, but I wouldn't spit on their grave.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7