xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Can't Scan Library  (Read 38 times)

afandiewinter

• Archived User
Xbmc Can't Scan Library
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(dday51 @ Mar 21 2008, 04:38 PM) View Post

Downloaded the latest version of xbmc, freshly installed on xbox running a 500 GB HD and and a x3 chip.  I set the source and content, but once I select scan for new content, it comes back with nothing and instantly starts compressing, when the folder is full of TV shows, what is the deal here?  It may also be important to note that the files list will show the information and thumbs for shows after content is set, but the library just won't register the files inside the directory.

Thanx for your wisdom  biggrin.gif

I need help with this as well. There used to be a button to Add to Library, but the buttons are now so complicated and it makes me feel so stupid. I just want to add my videos to the library, so please help us.

spiff

• Archived User
Xbmc Can't Scan Library
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »

rtfm its all in there. if the scans immediately fail you probably have too old a version or something, latest version doesnt say shit. try wiping the db and starting over again perhaps

craigey

• Archived User
Xbmc Can't Scan Library
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

I had issues for quite a few builds where tv_shows that use to scrape wouldn't.  My files were in the same format & when I manually checked the scraper web sites the episode information was available.  In the end I wiped XBMC (deleted DB's etc) & started from scratch.

Everything works great now.  Also Tv shows & movies etc scrape first time everytime & are lightning fast.

It's a pain if you've got a lot of stuff, but it's well worth it.