xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Xbmc Toolkit ( Pc Applications )  (Read 769 times)

GhostDog__

• Archived User
Xbmc Toolkit ( Pc Applications )
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Yuyu @ Aug 3 2005, 10:42 PM)
Are you both using the FTP function then?
If so, this should help narrow it down I hope...

I'm using the FTP function.  Here's what's in my settings.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xbmcdbz>
  <buildtype>update</buildtype>
  <ftpbuild>yes</ftpbuild>
  <ftptype>homefolder</ftptype>
  <ftpdir>F/Apps/XBMC</ftpdir>
  <ip>my.xbox.ip</ip>
  <port>21</port>
  <user>xbox</user>
  <pass>xbox</pass>
  <ftpbiosdir>C</ftpbiosdir>
  <xbename>xbmc.xbe</xbename>
</xbmcdbz>

This post has been edited by GhostDog__: Aug 4 2005, 09:34 PM

caddie

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

ohmy.gif    

Cheers  beerchug.gif

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(caddie @ Aug 4 2005, 09:13 PM)
This is killer !!! - Thank you 

One thing I noticed was the config wizard does not add an instance of a running application in the taskbar.  I had 4 open and they disappeared under the 15 other windows on my desktop  :o     

Cheers  :beer:

That's by design. I didn't see a reason in something that is going to be used say 2 minutes max to run in the taskbar. I figure when you do run it, that's all you're going to be focusing on, no reason to stray away from it until you are finished using it really.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

Well Even thought this isn't technically a bug but I sent you a PM about it in beta and got no reply I would like to point out that the rar file is around 8 meg bigger than old versions because all the .png files in skin/Project Mayhem III/media are rared up but arn't needed the only file you need is the textures.xpr file all the png files are compressed into that file.

So if you people want to save yourself around 10meg on your xbox feel free to delete those files or unrar it on your pc delete them and rar it back up to save your HD space.

Adn yes I realise 10meg isn't much these days

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

Here's a neat feature to add if possible. When done after FTP'ing the files to XBMC, to then send a command to the xbox after uploading to turn off. I'm not sure if this is possible, as i've not read about what commands are capable through FTP support in XBMC. That would be nice though if possible.

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Aug 5 2005, 02:02 AM)
Well Even thought this isn't technically a bug but I sent you a PM about it in beta and got no reply I would like to point out that the rar file is around 8 meg bigger than old versions because all the .png files in skin/Project Mayhem III/media are rared up but arn't needed the only file you need is the textures.xpr file all the png files are compressed into that file.

So if you people want to save yourself around 10meg on your xbox feel free to delete those files or unrar it on your pc delete them and rar it back up to save your HD space.

Adn yes I realise 10meg isn't much these days

Trust me I know you don't need those texture files  in there, all you need is the .xpr, I just goofed and forgot to change it. It will be fixed sooner or later when I get time.

Thanks for pointing it out.

halfelite

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

I have been able to hang the app more then once now. It seems like if you start with a fresh cvs then change it to update or vice verses. the app usually hangs at about 65%. I will try to reproduce on a fresh copy when i get home

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

I now know where the close error happens at. When FTP'ing the build of XBMC to your Xbox, minimize it and let it finish. When it finishes, a .NET Framework error pops up.

Error Log->here<-

HarshReality

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

A small suggestion to your CVS options...

CVS Source Options
*Update
*Fresh
Additional Switch Options
*(P) Prune

** Help File:
..Prune cleans up the local CVS and removes any directorys locally that are empty from the download source to make for less clutter.

FTP Type
*Rar File
*Folder
*Dash & Folder
... Dashname *default.xbe *xbmc.xbe
...Folder Location *C *E *F *G (if applicable)
** Help File:
..Dash Name is for the purposes of specifying the filename for interaction with other applications.
.. Folder location allows the user to specify which directory they wish to have the xbmc folder placed, allowing for space constraints or customized configurations.
(IMG:http://www.harshreality.org/tmp/interface.JPG)

As I have just stepped into this project, I'll ask for a bit of idulgence with my questons and/or suggestions.

1. Can we get this setup so we specify where to download the CVS or where to save the compiled build?

2. Can we have the "explosion" of files when the application is ran perhaps in a subfolder or even in the tmp directory for windows, I find that when the application is manually ended on my part it becomes a bit trying to determine what to get rid of in the program directory.

blay

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

Anyone else not getting a default.xbe when compiling today?

zerocool_ie

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

yeah no xbe for me either, was looking forward to the new CVS too :-)

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(HarshReality @ Aug 10 2005, 11:45 AM)
A small suggestion to your CVS options...

CVS Source Options
*Update
*Fresh
Additional Switch Options
*(P) Prune

** Help File:
..Prune cleans up the local CVS and removes any directorys locally that are empty from the download source to make for less clutter.

FTP Type
*Rar File
*Folder
*Dash & Folder
... Dashname *default.xbe *xbmc.xbe
...Folder Location *C *E *F *G (if applicable)
** Help File:
..Dash Name is for the purposes of specifying the filename for interaction with other applications.
.. Folder location allows the user to specify which directory they wish to have the xbmc folder placed, allowing for space constraints or customized configurations.
As I have just stepped into this project, I'll ask for a bit of idulgence with my questons and/or suggestions.

1. Can we get this setup so we specify where to download the CVS or where to save the compiled build?

2. Can we have the "explosion" of files when the application is ran perhaps in a subfolder or even in the tmp directory for windows, I find that when the application is manually ended on my part it becomes a bit trying to determine what to get rid of in the program directory.

ok let me step through this...

First, the empty directories pruning is unnecessary. They willnot intrude on your build and take up 0 bytes of space.

Dash name and folder location as suggested are already done.

1. There is no reason really to specify where to download the CVS to. THere is also no reason to choose where to save the compiled build to. Run XBMCDBR from a place you know has enough space to run it from, that's all I can suggest.

2. Many programs download and install files and folders to there installation directories root. XBMCDBR is no different, the files and folders created/downloaded/used by XBMCDBR are all under control by the application and there is no real reason to delete any of them after running it except for deleting old finished builds or customised files of whatnot. There is no real reson for a "clean" XBMCDBR folder. If you don't have the space to keep 300MB or so free for the source code and everything, you probably need a new hard drive anyways.

I am not trying to be an ass or anything, just answering your questions as plainly as I can and tried to explain my resonings.

SideNote: CVS is screwy for me also as of right now.

blay

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

Finally got it to work, but now XBMC won't load... hangs on Home screen. Taking another crack at it now.

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »

Should the settings wizard be empty each time you open it, or should it reflect your last saved config? I'm asking because I recently tried the FTP option (dash and folder), set it up correctly, but all it really ended up doing was copying the correct files (.xml and .xbe) to C:\ and the folder structure in f:\apps\xbmc but nothing in the folders; each one completely empty.

Z3rO`

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

smile.gif

Thank you YuYu for your great app.
Since I like updating my CVS tree with TortoiseCVS I altered your programm a little bit.

I added an option so that xbmctk doesn't update the CVS tree. Its my first time programming, so i used a bit common sense and copy'n'paste. cool.gif

If this could be useful to someone i can upload the source/compiled .exe.

Greets

Z3rO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17