xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Announce: Flickerfilter Xbe Patching Utility  (Read 489 times)

VooD

• Archived User
Announce: Flickerfilter Xbe Patching Utility
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(samsbak @ Aug 25 2006, 07:33 PM) View Post
Outrun II USA and Outrun 2006 JAP and NBA JAM 2004 USA sttopped working after patching...I was the one who changed them in wiki

Ok, tongue.gif But please if you get a listed as working game crashing do not modify its entry in the wiki, just add a new entry with precise data of which version is the one is not working for you. (include, region, and crc from default.xbe).

Hargle did his best with all the different patches, but we don´t have every single xbox game for testing if there are any additional flicker filter routine, but even so I think we have a pretty high success ratio for a first public version tongue.gif

BTW: RGB RULEZ!!!!  biggrin.gif

Navillos

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

this would be awsome on dvd2xbox as an option and you would still have your default_orig.xbe if you didnt like the aftermath of patching the FF in the xbe.

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

Mmmmm, Should xbox-scene be warned about 007 version?

My name is Fucker...FlickerFucker...lol

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

I just changed Beyond Good and Evil NTSC to working. The flicker disables fine for me. It's not very apparent on the title screen, but once in game, it's very easy to see it's off. There is noticable flicker for the "A" and "B" button graphics when driving the hoverboat for example. It can also be easilly seen on the "A" button graphic on the load game screen.

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

Hey hargle....I made a request to xbmc about the thing I suggested earlier well there seems to be some interest (well theyre asking questions anyway). I was wondering if u could go over there to help sort things out? heres a link:XBMC Forum

hargle

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2006, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Aug 26 2006, 04:03 AM) View Post

Hey hargle....I made a request to xbmc about the thing I suggested earlier well there seems to be some interest (well theyre asking questions anyway). I was wondering if u could go over there to help sort things out? heres a link:XBMC Forum

I've been contacted by someone working on xbmc, and I'll just say that things are looking very good that this feature will be implemented directly.

I had no idea that this lil app would cause such a stir.  I'm flattered beyond words.

flavor

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2006, 06:15:00 AM »

Hmm How do I change entries on the compatibility page permanently? I changed Spiderman 2 and ultimate Spiderman to green but now it's unedited again? Do I need some kind of membership?

Hoescout

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2006, 08:30:00 AM »

Some people who are noobs, have the EDiT mode open for a long time, now if you edit the titles faster than some guy, who started editing the list before you but isnt done yet, the last version will be saved, which means YOUR titles stay unedited.

Heres a message to all: check the games that work first which you got, and make a small note in notepad/word or w/e, then use the edit function and edit the titles quickly and save.

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »

The best solution would be making a php+mysql app with a real database. I´d do myself, but I´m a bit busy at the moment.

Also, something else I´ve noticed in the wiki is some people change the font and not always follow the style guidelines.
Btw, I believe there´s still some people which ignores that in order to add a new line they have to push shift+enter.

Regards

This post has been edited by VooD: Aug 26 2006, 04:00 PM

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

nice tv Hoescout , i have the same trinitron :]

somone asked if off was better , from what ive found is that off will give the best results but in some games the flicker is seisure inducing when it is .. i've found 1 or 2 works better for me in some games , still a huge improvment in picture as 5 is the default .. great app , i owe ya a beer :]

samsbak

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

quick question...is there a program that I can run to insert my burned xbox isos into my pc dvd-r DL burner and read the original .xbe's from the disc ?

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2006, 05:18:00 AM »

Yep (xdvdfs_extract.exe), but what have that to do with FlickerFucker lol?

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

- 26-08-2006 added: Flicker Filter Xbe Patcher. Based on hargle and VooD Win32 Flicker Filter XBE Patcher http://xbox.nugnugnu.../FlickerFucker/
settings - my Programs - auto flicker filter patch on/off
will always create a patched _ffp.xbe, the default will not touched
ff patcher uses the flicker filter setting in XBMC settings
will not patch: in progressive mode and homebrew xbe's

smile.gif

Hehe, but I wonder if they used 006 or 007 version source code.

Hoescout

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

Nice, thats great news! But I also patched the homebrew .xbes and even xboxdash.xbe and it really looks better. So they should probably add that too.  biggrin.gif

Navillos

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

no progressive mode. so if you using component plugs your out of luck?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5