xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hitachi Firmware. How Soon?  (Read 259 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Hitachi Firmware. How Soon?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 02:52:00 AM »

Samsung owners are not posting to gloat. If you believe that then you have one hell of an inferiority complex.
I too think the pointless asking for the hack for Hitachi drives should be stopped. It achieves nothing other than to show how some people act like "Spoilt Children" when they can't get their own way. The certain thing is , the minute it is available it will be detailed here and everywhere else that it has been released.
Personally it matters not what drive I have  because this hack is not one I would implement. I personally prefer to fit and forget a chip (which may never arrive) but you won't see me complaining on here or anywhere because it has not arrived.
Spark you are out of order calling people "Bastards" because they have a Samsung drive and you do not. If it bothers you to the extent of being offensive to people who own Machines with the Samsung drive then buy a machine with one from the BST and sell yours on.
Remember though nobody can be sure of what counter measures will be taken against this hack, some of which may affect your future playability of the console on XBL etc.

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spark @ May 20 2006, 11:34 PM) View Post

I think what's irritating a lot of the more informed Hitatchi owners is that they know this is possible, they saw footage of it months ago, yet Samsung owners now have a working solution, whilst they have nothing.

I agree with you that asking for an ETA on this is pointless, but at the end of the day, it's all people really can do, other than purchase another console, and hope they get the right drive in it.

It's exactly the same here ... I want this firmware just as much as you, but think of the positive side. WE are SOON going to see MSs reaction on the Samsung DVD-Drives without getting banned wink.gif

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spark @ May 21 2006, 01:26 PM) View Post

That's very true, it could very well be that we end up seeing the Samsung crowd as a test case, although by the same token, it would be much easier for MS to wait for the Hitatchi firmware before making their strike, to make sure they can kill all the birds with one fucking big boulder. wink.gif

Evil MS strikers back  muhaha.gif

Well, if MS kills all 360s, there will be some tears on Xbox-Scene, I wonder if they are going to kill all the 360s with one big "FUCK YOU" attack update....

I wonder if they are allowed to malfunction every modded 360?

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(mksoftware @ May 21 2006, 07:16 AM) View Post

I wonder if they are allowed to malfunction every modded 360?

check the EULA

shallow1

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

" and possibly force an update in order to run future software."

This is my big fear. I seriously doubt they will kill even one modded box but I can see an arms race as such as which has occured with the PSP. In this case no one wins.

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

Okay here's the deal.  I am a Samsung user.  I am enjoying the firmware hack right now.  I truly do understand the anxiety and disappointment by Hitachi users and I'm sure that I would be feeling that as well.

However....

If any of you Hitachi users had been blessed enough in the off chance to receive a Samsung Drive instead, you'd be singing a different tune.  What does this tell you?  It tells you that you DO have that "spoilt child" mentality and are used to just taking and not giving.  You don't appreciate anything that the scene has given you and just expect to be catered to.  You have no gratitude for what has been done already and your attitude would change in an instant if the Hitachi firmware hack was released tomorrow.  Just like a little child crying until he gets his way and then magically the tears cease.

I am very grateful for those who do all the hard work to bring us these exploits and hacks and I can tell you truthfully that I would be under the exact same attitude even if I had a Hitachi drive.

This post has been edited by Kafluke: May 23 2006, 02:11 AM

shallow1

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

do dee do dee do

This post has been edited by shallow1: May 23 2006, 02:51 AM

shallow1

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

Wow, isnt that just a little like a millionare calling the average man poor?

Or, isnt that really fucking easy for you to say? You seem to have lumped all of us H/LG drive owners in one group. I have not bitched yet about the lack of firmware but after seeing your attitude perhaps I should.

Kafluke

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

thank you shallow1 for further proving my point

bravo

ybaig123

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

dude..how old is everyone here...i have a hitatchi..but uhh..you guys sound like a bunch of whining brats....

what the hell...no hack? ..uhhh...live with it man...i mean u know that  feeling you get when someone u know...who is spoilt as hell...doesnt get what he or she wants for once..or doesnt get their way for once...haha...well......like some big shot from another country comming to the united states and realizing he ain't shit here...hahaha..c'mon i know some of you know what i mean  tongue.gif

its as though your silver platter suddenly isn't so silver anymore...lol...

i guess what i'm saying is who the hell are you guys to have the right to bitch about not having a hack...you want one that bad? do it yourself bub....can't do it yourself? ...oh....i'm sorry...i don't think i care.  laugh.gif

i'm convinced that those who are bitching  here are either lifeless nerds or kids..or both...oh well..just had to comment.

odgaf

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 04:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spark @ May 20 2006, 10:40 PM) *

It's difficult to be patient though, when you have those bastards gloating all the time, and ironically our drive is supposed to be easier to hack.

MUAHAHAHAHHAMUAHAHAHAHHAMUAHAHAHA YOU SAD HITACHI OWNERS QUIT YOUR BITCHING AND BE PATIENT OH DAMN GOTTA GO MY SAMSUNG NEEDS ME MY BACKUP OF CALL OF DUTY IS SIGNING INTO XBOX LIVE BYE

P.S MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kafluke @ May 23 2006, 01:41 AM) *

Okay here's the deal.  I am a Samsung user.  I am enjoying the firmware hack right now.  I truly do understand the anxiety and disappointment by Hitachi users and I'm sure that I would be feeling that as well.

However....

If any of you Hitachi users had been blessed enough in the off chance to receive a Samsung Drive instead, you'd be singing a different tune.  What does this tell you?  It tells you that you DO have that "spoilt child" mentality and are used to just taking and not giving.  You don't appreciate anything that the scene has given you and just expect to be catered to.  You have no gratitude for what has been done already and your attitude would change in an instant if the Hitachi firmware hack was released tomorrow.  Just like a little child crying until he gets his way and then magically the tears cease.

I am very grateful for those who do all the hard work to bring us these exploits and hacks and I can tell you truthfully that I would be under the exact same attitude even if I had a Hitachi drive.

One word....

Bollocks.

Seriously though, there's no reason for this to turn into a flame war, if you were fortunate enough to get a Samsung drive, then just go and use it instead of acting like a total dickhead on here.

This post has been edited by Spark: May 23 2006, 01:10 PM
Pages: 1 [2]