xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flashing Tsop With Chameleon  (Read 152 times)

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop With Chameleon
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (wd-40 @ Nov 8 2003, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (WhatsAModchip? @ Nov 7 2003, 11:02 PM)
1. yes
2. no
3. no
4. can what be a dvdr?
5. you dont need to run 007 if you are using a chameleon

I was refering to the game 007AUF..

Okay, chameleon is installed.  I solderd the two points on top of my 1.3 winbound xbox.  I've flashed my chameleon to above bios's.  I switch to bank 3 to start up.  I turn on the xbox and what happens next and what do I do, exactly.  Thanks!

Sucks you still got to solder the points.. Takes what I wanted to do out of the picture.  Anyway around this yet or no?

you dont need the game..........

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »

smile.gif

pepper453

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »

This post has been edited by pepper453: Nov 16 2003, 05:05 AM

pepper453

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »

Ok got it to work

Chameleon was installed with all wires connected and boting from bank 0

The two connections were soldered on the MB

flashed bank 3 with the 256k tsop d6 bios that comes with evox using chameleon settings under evox

set chameleon dip switches to boot from bank 3 (d6 tsop)

the start screen was blue and yellow.

selected flash bank 0 under the chameleon settings in evox

evox did confirm that it would write to the Hynix (tsop) chip .

selected boot form tsop (disable chameleon) in the chameleon settings

evox loaded

uninstalled the chameleon

evox loaded

my tsop is flashed. :)

ollie

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

My xbox don't start becuase of a bad tsop flash.. Can I reflash it with a chameleon chip using the same method that pepper453 did?

pepper453

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2003, 09:21:00 AM »

I just did another 1.0 box using the same method.  I'm flashing the tsop with a custom 256k, hope that is ok.  I guess a box with a bad tsop would boot from the chameleon.  Should work.  I don't know why 007/raincoat is eaven needed?

could the tsop be flashed with cromwell then be reflashed using a cd with whatever?

sNiPPs

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 12:09:00 PM »

My vote is to post this.  I've been looking for a guide like this for a while now.

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2003, 04:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (REMi @ Dec 16 2003, 12:56 AM)
I'm having a bit of trouble with this method.   dry.gif   Flashed my tsop with a bad bios a long long time ago and decided to try to fix it now that I've got some chameleons around the apartment.  I flashed bank 3 with the 256k tsop d6 that comes with Evox and changed the DIP switches so the chip would boot up from bank 3.

(v1.0 box - the jumpers on the top/bottom of the board are connected fine --- before the bad flash I had flashed it successfully abunchof times to test new bioses.  d0 and A15 are connected.)

the chameleon booted up with the right bios (logo was blue/yellow).  when i went to Flash Bios, it showed my onboard bios (an M29...) and it started to work.  it erased the onboard bios chip but didnt flash it.  it froze when it started 'flashing' -- it wouldnt start to flash.

Now ... if i try to boot the box with the chameleon disabled, the box has no AV output, the dvd wont eject, and the eject light just flashes green.  (it used to do the 3 restarts and flash red/green).  Now if i try to boot a 256k tsop bios from my chameleon (with d0/A15 connected) it REFUSES to boot.  I tried to boot up from my bank 3 (with the tsop d6 on it) again, but it wouldnt boot up -- instead, it gave me the no AV output, dvd wont eject, eject light just flashes green.  I reflashed bank 3 with am x2 bios (blue logo - to make sure it boots the right bios) and it worked.  flashed it back to the tsop bios and it didnt work.  tried another chameleon but that didnt work either.  same thing.

any suggestions?  thanks in advance.

29 wire homebrew....

mav

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »

sad.gif
dunno what else to do. any help? (no 29 wires mod not an viable option i got this chip persisely to do tsop flash repairing)

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2003, 04:03:00 AM »

wink.gif

The tsop d6 will not work on these boxes as it does not have the focus encoder command sets in it.

In either case, your doing a 29 wire homebrew....sorry to be the bearer of bad news  muhaha.gif

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

Why would you want to remove the chameleon before the tsop flash seeing as how that's the whole point of the A15 hookup?

Pages: 1 [2]