xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flashing Tsop With Chameleon  (Read 150 times)

bbjk

• Archived User
Flashing Tsop With Chameleon
« on: December 30, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »

lol, this whole topic is so funny, why even bother to flash your tsop bios which might make your system goes dead while you're having a working modchips installed?

-=CaZ=-

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 11:56:00 PM »

i have a xbox 1.3 and chameleon, it was all workling fine, and i flashed the bios on the chameleonwith tsop, like i did it through evox, and i soldered nothing new into the xobx, its just set up normally and everythingf, but now i cant flash it back to anything else, i just get "flash not writable" and i cant launch apps or games off the hdd, but i can boot from cd's and dvd-s and stuff, like have them in when i turn on the xbox and stuff, can anyone help me?

speedbump47

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

CaZ:

Not sure if this is the reason (you did say you didn't solder anything new, so I'm just guessing here), but the TSOP bios you flashed on your chameleon is special.  It basically tells the xbox that even though you booted off of the LPC bus (where the modchip is), the xbox should try to flash the TSOP chip on the xbox motherboard.

Normally you can only flash the chip on the bus where you started (either LPC or onboard).

Now that your bios keeps rerouting flash commands to the motherboard (which you haven't write enabled, since you didn't do any new soldering to join the write-enable points), you're getting the "flash not writable"

Since the chameleon has multiple banks on it, I'd boot off of a bank with a normal bios (not a TSOP flashing one), so that you can play your games, etc.

If your intention was to flash the onboard chip, so you could remove the chameleon, you have a bit more soldering ahead of you to write-enable the chip.

-=CaZ=-

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 02:41:00 AM »

ok thnx for the help speedbump47, i didn't inted to flash the onboard chip or anytihng, i realy had no idea hwta i was doing, i was toldi couldn't bugger anything up, and just to play arround with stuff, so i did.

how do i go about booting off a different bank?

speedbump47

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

I don't own a Chameleon myself, but from what I understand, there should be dip switches that allow you to change to/from different banks.

To reflash the bank with the TSOP bios on it, you'd boot off of a regular working one, then switch to the TSOP bios bank (while the xbox is on), and reflash that particular bank.  Since you booted off a regular bios, the flash attempt will be directed to the modchip, allowing it to be re-written.

-=CaZ=-

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »

thanks for the help, looks like i'll have to start reading up on changing banks!

subteN

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (pepper453 @ Nov 16 2003, 05:50 AM)
Ok got it to work
Chameleon was installed with all wires connected and boting from bank 0
The two connections were soldered on the MB
flashed bank 3 with the 256k tsop d6 bios that comes with evox using chameleon settings under evox
set chameleon dip switches to boot from bank 3 (d6 tsop)
the start screen was blue and yellow.
selected flash bank 0 under the chameleon settings in evox
evox did confirm that it would write to the Hynix (tsop) chip .
selected boot form tsop (disable chameleon) in the chameleon settings
evox loaded
uninstalled the chameleon
evox loaded
my tsop is flashed. smile.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YES!!!!!  PEPPER  &  Jasonkid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just did the same thing you did on your Xbox.....!!!!!!

only i did use the Slayer 2.5 install cd/dvd

and i did flash a v1.1 Xbox with X2-4976.02 [256kb] onto an HYNIX  HY29F002TT-90  TSOP

Works Perfect...... Thanx You All !!!

[when i use bios checker v3.1 it reads the TSOP now as HOMEBREW]   wink.gif

....am going to do the NEXT patient, right Now!  [Winbond - W49F020T-90B]  on an v.1.5  Xbox...
Will post the results of that 'operation' when i get out of the E.R.  tongue.gif

Greetings to all you Chippers on the planet....

subteN

pepper453

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »

I can not find any information about flashing the tsop using the chameleon.  Does anyone have pointers on the process.

wd-40

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (pepper453 @ Nov 6 2003, 02:13 AM)
I can not find any information about flashing the tsop using the chameleon.  Does anyone have pointers on the process.

Supposly to flash the tsop with the Chameleon, (information I was told from a repair guy here at the scene) you still need to bridge the points as you would before and the rest through your managment software.  If I'm wrong or was mis-informed, I'm sorry.  I was thinking of ordering one of those for that exact reason of ease but, I was told from the guy selling them that, it doesn't work like that...  the hopes of stick chip in and load software and done..

jasonkid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 03:46:00 PM »

read this
TO THE MODS , PIN this guide , it's working 100% and i think a lot of guys are waiting for this !!!

Ok this is what i did , i had flashed my tsop with a bad bios , the result was : No AV signal and the dvd tray would not eject anymore.

This is what i did to fix it (took me 4 days to get it right):

First my configuration:

XBOX 1.3
with this chip:
W49F020T-90B

Step 1:

Make sure the 2 points on top of the motherboard are soldered OK.

Step 2:

Connect D0 (otherwise chameleon won't boot) AND A15 !!!
if you don't know where to connect them to , get this :
http://images.xodus-chip.com/Pinheader_Install.zip
and take a look at fig 3b

Step 3:

I set my chameleon to Mode 1 , this means 4x256kb .
Boot your chameleon with a bank , wich contains a valid bios (example mine had in bank 0 , the xectuter 2 4977 )
Flash another bank of your chameleon with the d6 tsop bios , it's included in the latest evolution-X dashboard 1.8.3921.
If you don't know what to add to your evox.ini , so you can flash the seperate banks in evox dash , take a look here :
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...ST&f=51&t=61755

Step 4:

So in my case i flashed the d6 tsop bios in bank 3 .
Now you have to set the dip switches to that bank , so the chameleon boots the d6 tsop bios.
In my case ; to boot from bank 3 i had to set dip1 and 2 OFF and dip 3 and 4 ON.
So now my chameleon boots the d6 tsop bios.

Step 5:

I used the 007+raincoat trick now. What the d6 tsop bios does , is when you use it on your chameleon, it automatically uses the A15 to flash you tsop , instead of the chameleon.
Raincoat detected my WINBOND - W49F020 (256k) , erased whole chip and flashed it with X2 v4977
and it worked !!!!
it took me 4 days , but now my tsop is recovered !

Conlcusion : CHAMELEON OWNZ !!!!!!!

P.S. : special thanks to team XODUS for helping me out !

This post has been edited by candyman on Oct 1 2003, 02:18 PM

jasonkid

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »

the method should work with tsop flashing also

pepper453

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

This post has been edited by pepper453: Nov 16 2003, 05:05 AM

wd-40

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »

Glad to hear you got your box fixed... Always sucks when something goes wrong but, it's fun fixing it in the end.

Here's the question for you.

1.  Did you still need to bridge the points on the motherboard to flash the tsop as you normally do or not?

2.  Do you still need to copy a savegame to the hd?

3.  Do you still need to use 007 AUF to load the gamesave?

4.  Having the Chameleon installed, can this be a dvd-r or does it still need to be original?  I wouldn't see why you would need the original loading from a modified bios.

5.  If some of those are the same, I assume you load and run rain 007 gamesave the same as before, correct?

I think that would cover everyones questions and mine as well, thanks!

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 02:13:00 PM »

1. yes
2. no
3. no
4. can what be a dvdr?
5. you dont need to run 007 if you are using a chameleon

This post has been edited by WhatsAModchip?: Nov 7 2003, 10:14 PM

wd-40

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (WhatsAModchip? @ Nov 7 2003, 11:02 PM)
1. yes
2. no
3. no
4. can what be a dvdr?
5. you dont need to run 007 if you are using a chameleon

I was refering to the game 007AUF..

Okay, chameleon is installed.  I solderd the two points on top of my 1.3 winbound xbox.  I've flashed my chameleon to above bios's.  I switch to bank 3 to start up.  I turn on the xbox and what happens next and what do I do, exactly.  Thanks!

Sucks you still got to solder the points.. Takes what I wanted to do out of the picture.  Anyway around this yet or no?

Pages: [1] 2