xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Arc The Lad 1 To 2, Conversion.... Is It Possible?  (Read 237 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Arc The Lad 1 To 2, Conversion.... Is It Possible?
« on: July 18, 2012, 06:22:00 PM »

Hello everyone,

I recently had a little time to play games and I got all 4 romancing stones, as well as at least 1 of every accessory and level 60 on all of the characters. (I didn't realize I could have been leveling the summons instead of the usless NPC Chongra becomes in 2..... my bad).

So... after a little tinkering I realized that I could delete the 2nd memory card for Arc the Lad II and copy my memory card from ATLI and rename it so it will show up in II.

I start ATL II up and I choose convert. On the 2nd memory card, it shows my "finished" save, and the other saves that weren't finished say "game not finished", or something like that, and they're not selectable. (So far, so good.... right?)

I choose my finished save. For a few moments it says "loading", but then it says "checking memory card" and goes right back to the list of saves.

I assume this isn't working right because I hear that you should be able to start the 2nd game straight from this option when it accepts the conversion. I'm too afraid to play through 20 or so hours of gameplay only to find out it didn't work, since there are no early indicators in the game.

Has anybody ever had any luck doing the conversion on the XBox?

I'm using the Madmab version of PCSXBox that was out around 3 years ago when my sets were first released to the public.

THANKS!!!!!!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »

90 views and not a single post, even from an old friend......

Thanks T from 1emu for at least being a stand-up-guy.....

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

I can take a look at the save in some of the Playstation emulators on PC. I did try one save from gamefaqs (just has the one save), but that does not show any save entries no matter what I try.  sad.gif

Might have better luck with your save... so send me it, if you like  smile.gif

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »

Found some other saves under Arc the Lad Collection.

The endgame save seems to work when I select it from the convert menu.

The game starts as normal with an intro then as the Elc character in his bed.  smile.gif

note: I only tried on the PC though...

update: tried that same save with pcsxbox v21. Worked aswell.

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »

Did you see this thread Rx?

http://forums.ngemu....ead.php?t=48957

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »

IPB Image

tongue.gif

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jul 30 2012, 07:27 AM) View Post
at least being a stand-up-guy.....

rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif

but,
more seriously yes... +T+ is ...
I can't recall "him" ever attempting to destroy an entire community and their servers . wink.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mega Man (?) @ Aug 6 2012, 02:39 PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif

but,
more seriously yes... +T+ is ...
I can't recall "him" ever attempting to destroy an entire community and their servers . wink.gif

Meh.....

You know I didn't do that MM?

Hell... Though I won't admit I wasn't enjoying blasting away folders one at a time on my last welcomed visit as a VIP on that server that night, I was surprised I was able to do the damage I did with a password and login that was over a year old.  I thought I was just pissing off Wimpy (my own personal Brutus/Judas).  I was actually pretty mortified the next day when I realized what I had done to the entire community....

Don't tell me you never woke up one day, hungover, and found out from other people what you did or said and wished you could take it back.  

"Dude, Where's My Car???"

Seriously man... I love you MM?  I've largely moved on, but I'd think it were cool if you and I and Madmab and Gilles could be cool again.  Largely, we're who started it and went all the way with it for so many years.

It's been so long for me now that I'd have to reference online material to even start a new XBox again.

I was a sad, sad man when I did that.  I didn't see the bigger picture.

Hell.... had I not been that same sad, sad man 4 years before, we'd never be where we were when EmuXtras changed the name and shit me out like undigested candy corn post-Halloween Day.

Let them all have their fun, I say.  It's not like this volunteer work is going to get me a better job and/or top shelf liquor and/or top-tier Russian Brides.

Looking back, I can just have pride in what I conducted... and try to forget all the bad shit after the fact that I did to other people and all of the bad shit that people I thought I liked did to me.

Truth is, I'm so happy to be free of this bondage.  

And I apoligize to you and Madmab and Gilles first for my means of escape.  

It had to be a clean getaway.....

By renaming every single gamefaqs for every single major system and repacking them last summer, I proved to myself that I'd never be free.

I NEEDED everyone to hate me and make me go away.

I'm so out of the loop now I feel I'm free of those bonds.  I have much Larger dragons of my own to conquer.  Sometimes I wish I could still focus on something as meaningless and trivial as games.  

I still play them on occasion though.  

I appreciate posts here about Arc.....   I'm hoping for a version of PCSXBox that will make my saves playable.  I will not every play the game all over again just to make one work.