xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Little Confused With Neogenesis V25 And Backup Ram/save States  (Read 93 times)

robot3

• Archived User

I did some forum searching but I could not pin point some confusion I am having

I am playing the game third world war for sega cd using neogenesis_v25. I actually do own this game, but I wanted a bin/que to play off the hdd instead of the actual xbox cd drive.

The game features a save to backup ram feature (as well as system memory). Now I did not format this previous to playing, however the save game option the game offers allows you to format the ram cartridge and then save onto it. I did this and it worked fine. I shut the xbox down and went to bed

Today naturally the game tells me I have to format the ram and obviously my game saves are not there.

I am using this emu off the F: drive. I did look in the E drive saves folder for neogenesis and I do see the folder for this game and inside that the brm and stg key files

Do I have to copy those to another directory in order for the emu to see it??

I just started the game and on the sega cd load screen I did hit A and format the ram. I shut the system down and restarted (to see if it actually saved the now formatted ram). Sure enough I restart and the ram has to be formatted once again.

It does not seem to be keeping the settings but it is clearly saving something to the E: drive saves folder

What exactly should I be doing so that if I do save whatever sega cd game down the road onto the backup ram cartridge, using the emu at some other later date will keep the contents of what was saved onto the ram cartridge previously? Thanks again--

robot3

• Archived User
A Little Confused With Neogenesis V25 And Backup Ram/save States
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

I have no idea if the original ram save was corrupted or not, but last night I was playing with this again. I renamed the old save folder on the E drive and started the game formatting the ram first. Played for a little and made a save to the ram and sure enough it appeared on the system restart (from being shut off) and is now working fine

something with that first save I tried was corrupted somewhere, either way it seems to be in order now