xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chip8 Windows Emulator  (Read 25 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Chip8 Windows Emulator
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

I want to make videos for the 50 Chip8 games I'm including in the Xtras, but all the emulators I've found are DOS based which, to my knowledge, will not work with my screen recording equipment.  

There is supposedly a Windows based emu, but every link I've found for it is dead.

I also need a good VMU emulator for Windows so I can make about another 50 quick videos for that system too.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Chip8 Windows Emulator
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 03:53:00 AM »

Thanks man.  Found a good one.  We've got 52 chip8 videos now too.  

Now I need to find a good VMU emulator?  Any ideas?  I've only found one, but it's pretty unreliable and it doesn't even put out the same graphics as the XBox emu.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Chip8 Windows Emulator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

Oh... I didn't want help making videos when I talked to you madmab.

I was actually wondering before if you could make it so you only see one video in the preview window instead of an individual movie for these systems.  I have a great VMU video that runs 6 minutes, which is probably more than most people are going to spend on it once they figure out it isn't the actual Dreamcast.

Thinking hard on it, I still think this would be a great feature for any emulator (something you could turn on and off).  This would allow people with small hard drives to have a best-of video for a system playing in the video box instead of the movies if they wanted dual previews but couldn't afford a hard drive upgrade.

It's pretty low on the priority list though.   laugh.gif