xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: ---== CoinOPS Gold ==---  (Read 1403 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Oct 12 2008, 07:55 AM) View Post

Its wierd to me how people say stuff about hk build (like it plays Fixeight which CoinOPS plays now with no issues, is fixeight as good as Champion sprint or Super Sprint) and ignor the 100s and I mean 100s of real non keymapping issues there are with other games

I get it man.... but that's cause I spent about 4-5 months working on MAME myself.  And I tested them out on 128 plus first before I went back and tested on your build.  Huge difference.  To somebody who knows better, there's not even a debate on which emu is the superior XBox MAME emu.  And you're the only one I'm aware of who is still doing updates, so that's another big plus.

Ever get in touch with NES?

cbagy

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »

Dear me, well here goes. My post relating to remapping etc. you seem to have understood me wrong. Claiming that these request are to make CoinOps "playable by my mother" isnt really true is it. CoinOps was and is still the most balanced version of Xbox Mame ive used. Adding all of these extra remaps or fixes, games, for me isnt for the masses its for the few who can influence BP's decisions on these boards. Using right click for anything is daft, why, youll be suprised how many people catch that by accident, check out how many extra screenshots you have on the HDD after your kids have been playing for an hour with say XBMC for instance. However ...  the improvements and the clean interface make the CoinOps version of Xbox Mame the best to date without equal ... period. I hope that CoinOps Gold stays along those slick lines and, rather than whinge (like most), i shall say total respect to BP for all his hard work and effort. He has shown dedication to this project, and despite others, continued to listen to yourselves and implement anything he could FOR YOU. Since when was your mother or gran interested in the finer mechanics of the software. I myself, i think as a minority gamer as i enjoy light gun games and stuff. I notice some Gun code and fixes have been added to CoinOps Gold, i only posted once requesting maybe look at some fixes and i was quite specific as where easy fixes could be made. Just once, no malice, no crying. I would also like to add that reading posts on boards is harder cause were multinational, all of us, and sometimes its hard to either write or read post in the vein to which they were written. Most, like me, only type small reply's so they can easily be misread/misinterpreted. So if ive upset anyone then im sincerely sorry, however as you are intitled to your opinions .... so i too am bound by those same rules.

PS any news on a public release BP

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »

No word from........ NES (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I would love to add video support personally in this build.

BETA is ready, im just going over and fine tuning the screenshots and Cat at present. It is then ready for release the other stuff can be patched in pretty quick and small.

I also dont like Right click actions it doesnt feel right.... although in the Game selector I use it for "sort by Times played" and jump up to the game I played the most (these extra sort keys can be turned off in the settings).

RX Hop onto MSN or add me to try the Beta maybe you can clean up some screenshots or Cat stuff...new GF is getting in the way time wise at present

This post has been edited by BritneysPAIRS: Oct 14 2008, 03:49 AM

isufiji

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »

Hi, all! I'm following this thread with great interest.

I have an executer3 CE modded xbox 1.0 with a 400 Gig HDD and EvoX, XBMC, etc.

If I am wanting to emulate, is it better to get MamedoX and fbaxxx or coinops?

Also, I am quite proficient at peer-to-peer, etc. And I am just tearing my hair out. Can someone PM me who is willing to have a conversation off-board about coinops availability?

Alternatively, email me at:

isufiji
at
hot
mail

If I can do all this on my own with Mamedox and fbaxxx, well, so be it, but it would be a sin to pass up and experience the hard work that BS has done smile.gif

Cheers!

Scott

competes2win

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(isufiji @ Oct 18 2008, 10:52 PM) View Post

Hi, all! I'm following this thread with great interest.

I have an executer3 CE modded xbox 1.0 with a 400 Gig HDD and EvoX, XBMC, etc.

If I am wanting to emulate, is it better to get MamedoX and fbaxxx or coinops?

Also, I am quite proficient at peer-to-peer, etc. And I am just tearing my hair out. Can someone PM me who is willing to have a conversation off-board about coinops availability?

Alternatively, email me at:

isufiji
at
hot
mail

If I can do all this on my own with Mamedox and fbaxxx, well, so be it, but it would be a sin to pass up and experience the hard work that BS has done smile.gif

Cheers!

Scott

As far as what emulator you should use, I would always suggests using Coinops for the older arcade stuff and FBAxxx for the neogeo cps2 stuff... My opinion. But this has been covered countless times before, I'd suggest a search to see what others had to say on the topic.

isufiji

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »

Thanks, competes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I was hoping to get an answer from the man himself. I appreciate your input, though. Thank you very much.

I've had some difficulty deciphering the other posts/discussions, eh? I guess I'll read some more before beating a dead horse again. Sorry.

Cheers!

Scott

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »

I agree with competes2win and if you really love to play around in mame with the details use HK of mame version

WaCk0

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »

I know CoinOps Gold it's not out yet... but I was playing with Photoshop and done a skin for me to use with it and I want to share with you guys.

This is what looks like:
 IPB Image

DOWNLOAD (if you like it)

Btw, BP... did you add more filters to this version? CoinOPS is a really nice emulator but the image looks a little blurred compared with others emus (on LCD TV).

I use Simple 2x + Bilinear and 720p in many xport (and zsnexbox) and everything looks crisp and vibrant.

Well, anyway... looking forward  wink.gif

bdizzle3481

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »

Rumble??? Would that be too hard of a task?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)
I would love some rumble with some of the classics, if that's possible

This post has been edited by bdizzle3481: Oct 19 2008, 06:26 AM

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »

Didnt add any filters ... added 720p but removed it as alot of games no longer worked or became sluggish. 480p is the best you can get and turn off smoothing. It looks pretty sharp on my 42inch LCD.

The skin is all good feel free to release one if you want im quite happy with what I have..... I have finished testing and released BETA, carried out 8 hours of testing yesterday with no faults so its up to the testers now and they have one week.

Peace

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »

Hey BP,

Wasn't ignoring you here.  I just can't get into MAME right now with all of the other things I've been doing if I want to keep my sanity.  I basically spent this weekend getting all the work I'm doing organized because it was driving me crazy not knowing how much progress I've made anywhere because I'm all over the map.  At least now I have an idea of where I'm at and what still needs to be done.

I'll try to help you out on your next release, assuming there is one.  Still keeping my fingers crossed that the elusive genius NES comes back to give you a little help with the videos.  I have 4 DVD's worth of .avi's for MAME.  Actually the whole set for all the emus was 10 DVD's so you can see just how many were made for MAME.

Later, and thanks for your efforts,
~Rx

WaCk0

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Oct 19 2008, 04:01 AM) *

Didnt add any filters ... added 720p but removed it as alot of games no longer worked or became sluggish. 480p is the best you can get and turn off smoothing. It looks pretty sharp on my 42inch LCD.

The skin is all good feel free to release one if you want im quite happy with what I have..... I have finished testing and released BETA, carried out 8 hours of testing yesterday with no faults so its up to the testers now and they have one week.

Peace

Yeah, I understand the 720p problem, cause uses more memory and more CPU... but something I dont get it is: Why remove graphics filters, if they're cool features and its already implemented. I remember MamedOX 128 Plus running with nice filters, but they're gone now. Thats sad... oh well..

Anyway... its your emu, so I have to respect your choice  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Good to hear the progress.

See ya

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »

The automatic filter code is in... you just need to setup the xml to what game should have what filter. As the speed and type of filter needed varies for each game

lordpro

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(WaCk0 @ Oct 19 2008, 06:17 AM) View Post

I know CoinOps Gold it's not out yet... but I was playing with Photoshop and done a skin for me to use with it and I want to share with you guys.

This is what looks like:
 IPB Image

DOWNLOAD (if you like it)

Btw, BP... did you add more filters to this version? CoinOPS is a really nice emulator but the image looks a little blurred compared with others emus (on LCD TV).

I use Simple 2x + Bilinear and 720p in many xport (and zsnexbox) and everything looks crisp and vibrant.

Well, anyway... looking forward  wink.gif

good job i like how you did the splash and backdrop-list
i will be definitely using them in coinops  smile.gif

thankyou

WaCk0

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Oct 20 2008, 01:37 AM) View Post

The automatic filter code is in... you just need to setup the xml to what game should have what filter. As the speed and type of filter needed varies for each game

Thats great, I didnt know that. Can you point me how to do this single config for each game?

Thanks for the info.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7