xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newest Versions Of Mameox And Fbaxxxpro?  (Read 297 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Newest Versions Of Mameox And Fbaxxxpro?
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:11:00 AM »

The current best version of MAME, with no exception, is called CoinOPS....  Google is your friend.

I'm 99% sure you have the newest FBA already.  I think I've heard for about 6 months or so that 1.29 is coming out soon.

What platform is the Star Wars Trilogy?  If it's PS3, I think that it will be available next week when VampX releases his much anticipated PS3Box emulator.

Regards,
~Rx

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 17 2008, 03:47 AM) View Post

The current best version of MAME, with no exception, is called CoinOPS....  Google is your friend.

I MUST disagree.

The BEST MAME out there is MAMEoX128 PLUS Version 20060505 if I am not wrong.
CoinOPS still has a infamous screen tearing in many games, thing that HK$ was able
to get rid in back in the last versions of MAMEoX128 as seen exactly here:

http://www.1emulatio...showtopic=14034

Moreover, MAMEoX128 has a important option - TURBO/RAPID FIRE.
You don't need to break you arm doing "tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap" on Raiden anymore.

I am eager to migrate to CoinOPS definetly, but if the screen tearing/vsync problems
persist in the very final version I will need to discard the idea.

I love to play Robocop, Green Beret, BadDudes, SlySpy and several other older games.
I can't live without them!
 rolleyes.gif

And the FBA current version is FBA-XXX Pro 1.28.
I don't believe we will see the 1.29 version soon.
It became sort of a legend.

The guys working on it just disappeared.

I really hope for a update, or at least a FIX on small problems
in the current version.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

SORRY FOR MY POOR ENGLISH.

+ T +

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

Have to agree with Cospefogo,

MAMEoX128Plus is the ultimate MAME for xbox. It has far more options and plays many more games than CoinOPS. I realise that the limited number of games in CoinOPS is deliberate but am I the only one who thinks that removing support for games that work perfectly from an emulator is just a little bit of a backward step?

Anyway, each to his own. But for me, MAMEoX128Plus all the way.  biggrin.gif

neil222

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

Can someone please answer me this:
Does MAMEoX128Plus require specific roms like CoinOPS does?
Or can I drop my old roms into MAMEoX128Plus???
Being on dial-up still, has put me off getting the coinops version...

uhh.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

It's hit or miss with your old roms.  About half of mine worked.  Use the dataset included in the emulator with Romcenter to find out which roms you have that are good.  

Either way you go, you're going to have to download roms.

No disrespect to anybody or their opinions here, but I have to disagree and say that CoinOPS is much better than MAMEox128.  (And given my history with the creator, that really is saying a lot)  BP put in controller fixes for games like Ikarri Warriors and Forgotten Worlds, among many other games that just dont' work right on other versions of MAME.  He has also automated the VMM settings for games which require it so that it's automatically used.  Plus he dummied down the rediculous amount of menu settings and basically made a version of MAME that is simple enough that your 5 year old brother could play it without somebody starting the games for him.

There are some limits he's put on it that I don't agree with (which is pretty obvious to anybody who's been here the last few months), but overall it's got so many improvements over other XBox MAME versions that personally I think it's silly to use another MAME emulator.  I can see how you would like it better if you need the autofire feature though.  Personally, I think that BP should give you the choice to turn it on or off.  Also, he should make keymap fixes for all games, even the ones he doesn't include, so if you scan them in they will work without any problems.  Take it one step further, and I really think he should include every single game that works and give you the option to easily filter out the real oldschool games that weren't popular classics, that only about 5% of us are ever going to want to play.

As for the screen splitting effects, I'm not aware of them and have never noticed anything like that on my XBox.  Every game I've ever played on CoinOPS has worked perfectly for me.

Regards,
~Rx

competes2win

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »

I would like to see some screen shots of this screen tearing myself, as I have never noticed anything of that nature before either... but I don't doubt it's there, I know cospefogo's passion for getting the emulators to look perfect and being that way probably allows him to see graphical errors where others don't.

That said, my vote is also on coin-ops, Mainly because of the fact that everything just works, along with the graphical interface and the additional rom sorting options. Although I feel that an emulator should play all the working games for the system(s) it's supposed to emulate, I can almost let it get away in this instance because I honestly don't think I'd play any of the games that weren't included with this newest version of coinops anyhow.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »

I've noticed that about Cospefogo too, C2W.  Obsession tends to be able to notice others who are obsessed as well.   cool.gif  I'm curious to know a few games where this screen tearing is happening though so I understand what he's talking about.  I really don't have a clue, but I'd like to know for sure.  I don't want to be the guy saying that it isn't happening when it is happening.

Although I feel that an emulator should play all the working games for the system(s) it's supposed to emulate, I can almost let it get away in this instance because I honestly don't think I'd play any of the games that weren't included with this newest version of coinops anyhow.

My point about it from the beginning.  I realize that the option to scan the roms is still included, but some of them need control fixes, and without his recoding it or me having access to his completed code, I can't make those myself.  

But even given that very frustrating place I find myself in now, I don't even grudgingly admit that CoinOPS is the best MAME emulator available.  As far as games being cut, no offence + T +, but don't believe that is right.  His romset that was made availabe somewhere in the sky may not include every playable game, but he hasn't removed any code or blocked games from working.  (That's something that I've done in my own build, but only to confirmed non-working games, blatant clones, Mahjong and Quiz games, for an overall reduction of 9MB in .xbe size so far and no overall negative effects.  I'd update that page on 1emu, but I seem to have been silenced there for a while.  I was a bad boy and they put me on timeout.)

It would be nice if BP relinquished code when he is done like he says he will, or if we could get together at some point so I could share the 2 player alternating mapping fixes I'm working on now.  I hate having to toss the player 1 controller back and forth between the two players.  I've fixed this on a bunch of games by altering screenflipping code and making cocktail mode default on the games, but for a bunch of them I just can't seem to find the source of the code that is making them flip when in cocktail mode.   But right now I got it working for all 2 player alternating CPS1 games and quite a few others that I've tested so far.  

If we get these fixes added, the ability to turn auto-fire on/off, and full keymap support for all working games, regardless of popularity, CoinOPS will be the best MAME emulator possible with the .84 source that's been made availabe to us for tweaking.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »

Sorry for the GOSSIP,

But BritneysPAIRS told me - HIMSELF - that the screen tearing is there in CoinOPS
and he does not have the time NOW to remove it. The proccess could take
more than 50 hours of coding ---- thing that HK$ made - but since his source was never released
to the public there is no way to just import into CoinOPS.

Friends, just play ROBOCOP 1, Green Beret or BadDudes in MAMEoX128 and then in
Platinum, Arcades or CoinOPS.

If you don't see the screen tearing, I quit.
I give it up.
(c:

Cospefogo.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 18 2008, 01:06 AM) View Post

If we get these fixes added, the ability to turn auto-fire on/off, and full keymap support for all working games, regardless of popularity, CoinOPS will be the best MAME emulator possible with the .84 source that's been made availabe to us for tweaking.

... and correcting the screen tearing/vsync problems in many games! Oh Lord!
I will take note of the name of some games suffering from this.

Remember now:
- Robocop 1
- BadDudes
- Green Beret
- E-Swat
- Sly Spy (that one you fall with parachutes from the sky in the beginning of the game)

Will check others.
Cospefogo.

QUOTE(competes2win @ Apr 18 2008, 12:22 AM) View Post

I would like to see some screen shots of this screen tearing myself, as I have never noticed anything of that nature before either... but I don't doubt it's there, I know cospefogo's passion for getting the emulators to look perfect and being that way probably allows him to see graphical errors where others don't.

Hey Competes2win my friend,

You can't see the screen tearing through screenshots.
It shows only in real video. I will try o capture a video with my camera making
the comparison with CoinOPS and 128plus.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

QUOTE(+ T + @ Apr 17 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

–––]==| "Like a syringe of adrenalin straight to the heart" |==[–––

Yeah.
beerchug.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »

Hey Cospefogo,

What exactly is "screen tearing".  I have recently played a few levels on Bad Dudes and if there was any problems with it, they were unnoticed by me or didn't bother me enough to remember it (granted I get pretty hammered somtimes when I'm coding, so if I took a break and played at that time, I probably would not have noticed if the Dudes were walking around with tits on their foreheads, let alone if the screen was tearing).  So, I'm definately not saying it isn't happening, I'm just wondering how close attention I need to pay/sober I need to be to see it.  

That being said, if it is that serious a problem, I think that should be fixed as well.  I'm more than willing to put in the time to perfect the emulator, but I don't know nearly as much as BP and it's pretty evident he'd rather take time out to tell me all the reasons he won't help me rather than give me any answers to my questions.  I don't know how much you know about coding, but if you have any ideas about what might need to be done to fix this problem, I'm all ears.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »

I don't have the source to your code for the MAMEox Launcer BP, which is what I'm looking for.  I'd also like those VMM fixes and the "screen tearing" fixes as well but, ya know.  I'm not going to apologize again.  I admitted my faults publicly already, more than once, and you won't accept it, but that's another issue I'm sure I'll bring up sometime around May 2nd when I'm not banned from 1emu again.   Like I've said here and everywhere else, I have a lot of respect for the work you've done and I'd like to add my fixes to it as well.  Who knows if you're going to live by your statement in the other thread....

Apr 12 2008, 05:51 AM
Post #260

X-S X-perience

Group: Members
Member No.: 191592

He actually has alot more of the source than he knows smile.gif he just doesnt know it. I will how ever give up the source when im done and also the party tricks on how to mix in with the source to achieve stuff that isnt in the source. Im also out....... Good luck with your project, as I said we cant work together its that simple and if you dont unstand why id say take an mental sanity test you way be surprised

Time will tell....

I respect the hell out of your work man, but I never liked the way you talked down to me is all.  Good luck coding and even though you won't help me out, I wish you the best of luck because I know that your work benefits me just as much as anybody else here.

Looking forward to that suprise.... cool.gif

Respectfully,
~Rx

BTW.... It's parlor tricks, my man, not party tricks.  I got parlor tricks from Beatlejuice, and even thought the corigraphy for Harry Belafonte's "Jump in the Line" and "Banana Boat" were "Parlor Tricks" they still rocked pretty hard core when you were 10 years old.  "Party Tricks" makes it sound like I was calling you a clown... don't do that to yourself man.  I wasn't trying to.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »

Which MAME feature are you referring to BP?  I'm not sure which one you're saying I have the source for.  

Why is it unfortunate that you need a new mamedox.xbe build?  Just asking that because I have a new MAMEdox.xbe build about every hour or when I'm making changes to the code.  I'm sure from our previous talks that we're attacking this in very different ways.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »

CoinOPS is about to goto CoinOPS 2nd Quarter .... Massive changes MASSSSSSIIIVVVVVEEEE

yeah baby

hehe next week it should be out of Beta

competes2win

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Apr 19 2008, 12:25 AM) View Post

CoinOPS is about to goto CoinOPS 2nd Quarter .... Massive changes MASSSSSSIIIVVVVVEEEE

yeah baby

hehe next week it should be out of Beta

I wish I could monitor the progress over there but for some reason when I registered to become a member I didn't get my email till a day later, and now I can't log in, i just get a board error message... Like i've been booted or something... maybe you could let us know when its released over here BP? just 1 post would do.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »

If he forgets, I'll be sure to make mention of it.
Pages: [1] 2