xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Boot With Hosed Tsop  (Read 154 times)

joerack

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« on: September 14, 2003, 02:28:00 AM »

is it possible to boot an xbox with a 100% bad flashed tsop installing a cheapmod or other modchip?
I don't care about reflashing the tsop ,just wanted to know if the xbox is at least bootable with another chip installed and flashed with a bootable bios
I'm talking about a V 1.0 xbox

venturahighway

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 04:40:00 AM »

yes

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

use a cheapmod or other lpc mod - think best option is to wire it in that try and suck out the "solder-filled" lpc points...

Try and get one already flashed with say X2 4976.02 or 4977

then use the alt D0 point underneath mobo grounded to the yellow capacitor

then unlock ya h/d and leave it unlocked - saves having a h/d paperweight if anything goes wrong again. I presume from some of your posts that you didn't go on live anyway so leave the h/d - even if it's a retail 8 or 10gb one - just leave it unlocked. That way - it can be shoved in any modded xbox in the future

you old tsop can be recovered with a homebrew mod but it is not for the faint hearted and the cheapmod is best easiest way to get ya xbox running again......

ps - that mod-shop that refused to look at your xbox coz it had been opened, well that is a bit lame. They could of said they can try to mod it or just look at it.....

fitting a cheapmod on there would probably take them 20 mins and your xbox should fire straight up even with a shagged tsop coz the lpc mod just takes over.

I did the same thing - flashed a 4978 bfm to my tsop - hosed it and fitted a lpc-mod to get it running again - finally after a lot of hassle to say the least I managed to get the tsop reflashed with my home made homebrew. A lot of hassle indeed and in the end the homebrew was reflashed by another xbox not a pc coz uniflash was having grief flashing my homebrew I was using - a long long story

best of luck with fitting ya LPC mod

joerack

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 07:11:00 AM »

Pizza Pizz :  
thanks a lot for the interest, I really appreciate!
I've just finished installing a self-built pin header on the lpc +a connected the alternate d0 to the yellow capacitor.
The xbox seem it still works .
Tomorrow i'll fit the cheapmod.
Hope I haven't burnt any traces :)

you wrote:

"ps - that mod-shop that refused to look at your xbox coz it had been opened, well that is a bit lame. They could of said they can try to mod it or just look at it....."

I know it's lame, but you've forgotten this is Italy....
Do you know that that shops installs only pirated xecuter 4977 on the premods  and the mods the sell? instead of the linux bios
They merely know what they're doing :DD
:jester:

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

uhm....

you connected the wire already ?????

the wire from D0 to ground - the yellow capacitor bit btw - well this will cause your xbox to frag.......

but you got that anyway with ya hosed tsop

it was trying to boot from a shagged tsop and was fragging just the same, now it is trying to boot of a bios on lpc - but there ain't one so it is still fragging - but it's ok in this case.

hopefully - as soon as your lpc mod goes on there your xbox will fire up once more as it boots now from the lpc.....
the link wire says boot from lpc, it pulls the bios from the modchip and all is fine once more

don't remove the wire you just installed but leave it all now till you get a lpc modchip as there is no more you can do till the mod goes on there

joerack

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

frag??
Oh right
now i know how you call "the three boot an 2 off" :D
I disconnected that wire and it stopped "fragging"
now I know :)

B)

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Boot With Hosed Tsop
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

F - Flashing

R - Red

A - And

G - Green

FRAG - term used for you just done something you shouldn't of......

usually goes hand in hand with a 3x reset & FRAG

or FRAG & error screen/service screen/code

quickly followed by "Oh shit" from yourself