xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Zsnexbox 2.98  (Read 1667 times)

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

ZsnexBox 2.98

What's new:

-Added Xbox Lightgun support for Super Scope games. The buttons are mapped to the lightgun A (the trigger) and B Buttons.

-Added lightgun support without having to flash the screen in white. So when you fire the lightgun, there will be no (distracting in my opinion) screen flash. I don't think the Super Scope makes this flash on a real SNES, so this way should be more accurate.

-Added Lightgun calibration for 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. The calibration settings are saved to the Xbox hard drive in the TDATA folder. On my Xbox it is the E:\TDATA\00000000 folder. I haven’t tested the lightgun in HD modes, but it should work fine. If not, please post what happens, and I will look into fixing it.

-Added support for the lightgun in any of the 4 Xbox controller ports.

-Added option to use the crosshair with the lightgun.

-Added option to enable/disable force feedback for the lightgun. This is connected to the trigger.

-Added options to control the Lightgun rumble strength and time

-Added support for 10x11 pixel aspect ratio for the GUI and the emulation

-Added a loading screen for switching skins.

Notes:
-I was going to add more to this release (like support for more than 16 skins), but I got the lightgun working recently so I wanted to get this out.

-I added a "Placeholder.txt" file to all empty folders. This is so FTP programs will transfer the folders to the Xbox. If this does not affect you, then you can delete these files.

-I have read that some lightguns are not compatible with all Xbox apps. However, this is the lightgun I have, so if you want to buy one that does work in ZsnexBox, then this is it:

http://xbox.about.com/od/xboxaccessories/fr/mcblasterrev.htm

Installation:

This is a full install. Copy to the Xbox and run default.xbe to start.

Upgrade:

DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS ZsnexBox.ini. If you don't, ALL kinds of strange things will happen.

Thanks
-Xport for help and code for the lightgun support.
-Anyone I forgot.

This post has been edited by nes6502: Oct 1 2006, 08:59 PM

Luriden

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

Nice. I actually have a reason to pick up a cheap lightgun now.

Timerever

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Oct 1 2006, 08:10 PM) View Post

-Added support for 10x11 pixel aspect ratio for the GUI and the emulation

What's that? How does it work?

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timerever @ Oct 1 2006, 08:30 PM) View Post

What's that? How does it work?

It makes the pixels taller than they are wide. So instead of perfect squares, the pixels are rectangles. I'm not sure  when (if ever) this would be usefull. But it was trivial to add so I added support for it.

Timerever

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Oct 1 2006, 08:33 PM) *

It makes the pixels taller than they are wide. So instead of perfect squares, the pixels are rectangles. I'm not sure  when (if ever) this would be usefull. But it was trivial to add so I added support for it.

What? Unless I'm lost on translation this is what you said:
(IMG:http://i9.tinypic.com/4icp1r4.png)

Quite frankly I don't understand it.
At much it could be 11x10 but I don't think that's the correct aspect ratio.
EDIT: For a correct aspect ratio (512 horizontal lines -> 640 horizontal lines) it should be 1,25:1 aspect ratio.
What's this 10x11?

This post has been edited by Timerever: Oct 1 2006, 09:29 PM

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timerever @ Oct 1 2006, 08:55 PM) View Post

What? Unless I'm lost on translation this is what you said:
IPB Image

That's correct. It's an option that can be enabled/disabled.

Timerever

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Oct 1 2006, 09:07 PM) *

That's correct. It's an option that can be enabled/disabled.

Yeah, but why? Did anyone really requested that? blink.gif

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timerever @ Oct 1 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

Yeah, but why? Did anyone really requested that? blink.gif

Yup, but I don't know why or when someone would use it.

Timerever

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Oct 1 2006, 09:11 PM) *

Yup, but I don't know why or when someone would use it.

LMAO, you are really a wierd dude. Maybe the person was requesting a 1,25:1 ratio but wasn't able to explain it correctly? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

stezo2k

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

this emu just gets better and better smile.gif keep up the good work dude

Nepth

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

Don't call him weird, someone requests a feature, he implements it, thats awesome.

Also, I have a request.  I was wondering if you could make it so (or make an option so) that each press of the mapped rewind button only goes back a single rewind state.  it's very sensitive and accidentally holding it down for too long rewinds much more than I need it to.  I was also wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or getting annoyed by its sensitivity?  I'm not sure if this would be easy to implement or not since thats the way it works in the PC side of zsnes, but if possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Zsnexbox keeps getting better and better.  Three thumbs up nes6502 (Two isnt enough)  biggrin.gif

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

Maybe the person was requesting a 1,25:1 ratio but wasn't able to explain it correctly? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

I imagine it was requested because xSnes9x supports 10x11 pixel ratio and that user liked it. But I could be wrong.

QUOTE(Nepth @ Oct 1 2006, 09:24 PM) View Post

I was wondering if you could make it so (or make an option so) that each press of the mapped rewind button only goes back a single rewind state.  it's very sensitive and accidentally holding it down for too long rewinds much more than I need it to.  I was also wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or getting annoyed by its sensitivity?  I'm not sure if this would be easy to implement or not since thats the way it works in the PC side of zsnes, but if possible, I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Zsnexbox keeps getting better and better.  Three thumbs up nes6502 (Two isnt enough)  biggrin.gif

Well, it actually does only go back one rewind state per press in implementation when it's mapped to the analog stick (which is not analog sensitive when clicking it). Did you remap it to one of the analog buttons? If so, that's likely the cause. I guess I could add support for the analog deadzone adjustment for the buttons as well as the analog sticks. It will let the user decide how "sensitive" the analog buttons are (like the triggers, A, B, X, and Y). But the quick fix would be to assign rewind to a button that is not analog. I think they are Start, Back and clicking the analog sticks. Maybe black and white but I'm not sure.

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

Wow, awesome work there! biggrin.gif

R.I.P. xSnes9x!

flarghon

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

Firstly would like to say that this emulator is awesome and is beyond anything i thought it would become.  Secondly, I was wondering if IPS patch support was gonna be implemented by the time the release is final.  Not a big deal if there are no plans for it, xsnes9x will always be around, I just didn't know if it was something I could look forward to.

This post has been edited by flarghon: Oct 1 2006, 10:47 PM

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 2.98
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(flarghon @ Oct 1 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post

Firstly would like to say that this emulator is awesome and is beyond anything i thought it would become.  Secondly, I was wondering if IPS patch support was gonna be implemented by the time the release is final.  Not a big deal if there are no plans for it, xsnes9x will always be around, I just didn't know if it was something I could look forward to.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say ips patch support?

In other words, why not just patch your roms before putting them on the Xbox? I mean, that's what I do and since the only roms I patch are for the english translations, I'm never going to want to play them in original language. For example, I don't think I'll ever want to play Star ocean in japanese since I can't read it. So I applied an English patch and then put it on my Xbox.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what this request is about, because as of now, I guess I just don't see a need for it. Am I wrong?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11