xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fucked Xbox, Need Help  (Read 161 times)

Pobbe

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« on: July 24, 2003, 10:51:00 AM »

A friend of mine bought an xbox the other day, and I flashed the TSOP with 4977 the same day. Everything was working nice, putted XBMP as default dash, and had no problems at all.

But then something got fucked up. My friend went to bed, leaving the xbox on, and the next morning it had shut down, probably since I putted a 3 hour autoshutdown time in xbmp. But when he tried to start it again, there was no video or audio signal, nothing booted up, but the xbox didn´t frag or anything. I even disconnected the harddrive to see if it came up a error-screen, but nothing. So what the fuck has happened??

Since we flashed the TSOP of the xbox, it wont go near xboxlive. So therefore I have an eeprom that I will give to the one who comes up with the solution that gets the xbox to boot!

Lord Alderon

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

Couple questions. Does the power light come on? Can you hear ANY activity? It wouldn't be the tsop flash if it was working the day before.

It may be stupid - but it causes a lot of problems - is it plugged in? Try another socket, maybe that circut or the surge protector blew a fuse.

Frag Daddy

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 11:42:00 AM »

I had a friend who had an xbox that had no audio or video signal.  It turned out the the fan had come a little bit unplugged.  Check the fans.

Pobbe

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »

No, the lights come on, and everything is plugged in properly!
And we can rule out any bios problem, I even tried putting my x2 in there, with a bios that changes the led colour, and it worked!

Alkane

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

Have you checked for solder spashes around the Xbox's TSOP chip?

Take another look at the bride jumpers.  Also is the Xbox's TSOP a Sharp chip?

katananja

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

I dont know if this will help, but, try this.

Check my post, last one.
I have the same problem with this XBMP.

Lord Alderon

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 08:47:00 PM »

That is VERY possible. Point in ? - did you put the screws in the TV out on the mobo? Maybe, just MAYBE they do something.

Pobbe

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 02:44:00 AM »

katananja: thx, but that doesn´t help, since I don´t think that´s the problem. The xbox wont boot any application,no boot disc are working, and ftp is all down, so I think it´s something else.
Lord Alderon: Yes I have.

PM5K

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 02:54:00 AM »

You don't get any audio or video when it boots ?

BrainS0ur

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2003, 03:18:00 AM »

Sounds to me like the IDE read on the motherboard is fried. Take the motherboard and INSPECT it (top and bottom) for burnt traces.  

SupeRdUPErBlakE

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

Does it do apsalutely ANYTHING at all, any LED's, or anything? If not, check powersupply, if its not PSU then its nuked. One of my Mother Boards got Nuked for NO REASON at all. Didn't even have it chipped..

BrainS0ur

• Archived User
Fucked Xbox, Need Help
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

Yeah your motherboard's fried. Try to find out WHAT on the motherboard is fried, that'll  get you closer to finding out exactly what went wrong (and give you some good knowledge for future boxes). Though I bet it was just another old xbox with too many hours on it.....

This post has been edited by BrainS0ur: Jul 25 2003, 02:04 PM