xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Os Hd Upgrade Utility...  (Read 74 times)

goodwad

• Archived User
Xenium Os Hd Upgrade Utility...
« on: December 16, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

I used the Xenium OS Hard Drive upgrade utility to upgrade to a 160 Seagate.  I followed the instructions and everything worked great...BUT my largest partition was only 123 GB?!?  I'm using the Evox M8 bios at the time of the upgrade.  My question is, how do I get past the whole 130 GB limitation issue.  Should I have been using a different bios at the time of the upgrade?  My Xbox version is 1.1, my mod chip is S.P. Ice.  While the Xenium utility is nice and drop dead easy to use, can't I just use my PC to format my hard dive and then ftp the original files to it once it is installed in the Xbox using the FTP server? IF so, what format should I use....FAT 32?

Thanks to anyone for their time.

ShannanC

• Archived User
Xenium Os Hd Upgrade Utility...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »

first off: no you can not use your your pc.  The xbox uses FATX and as opposed to FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, etc.  So that is out of the question.  

You said that your largest partition was only 123 GB.  You have to take into account that you will have used some hard drive space on C and E drive and the 123 GB will be what is left on your F drive if I am understanding you correctly.  Also, remember that a 160 GB hard drive does not actually have 160 GB of space on it to begin with as manufacturers state size with a GB being 1000 MB and actually it would take 1024 MB to make a GB thus you lose approximately 20 to 25% or something close to that.  I had a 160 GB Seagate in my Xbox before I put a 250 GB Maxtor (with 16 MB of cache - smoking ass fast!) and if I remember correctly 123 was about the size of my F drive also.   So to make a long post short (Too late I know)....I don't seee anything wrong with your stated hard drive size.  

Hope this helps. smile.gif