xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp Slow When Using Chip Os  (Read 80 times)

BigSteel

• Archived User
Ftp Slow When Using Chip Os
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

It seems that when I use the Xenium OS to FTP files, the speed is very slow compared with using a regular dashboard.  Is this normal?

jam013200

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

I checked mine and it is about the same either via dash or via chip.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

If you have the 2.0 OS upgrade. I have never had the problem but many users reported slow FTP in the 2.0

thebigbanana

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 04:24:00 AM »

I found the PC-to-XeniumOS FTP transfer rate a little slow compared to PC-PC (or PC-Mac) FTP across my home network after my first install.  I never resolved the issue as I only used the Xenium FTP backup and then restore the C drive (and a fairly bare E drive) after upgrading the hard disk, and sending EvoX or XBMC dashboards to the Xbox HDD.  Once those dashboards were configured I've used them for FTP ever since, or XBMC's file browser and a Windows share.

Wasn't particularly bothered by it, as I figured I would only use it for those minimal re-install purposes.  Simply having any FTP access available at the XeniumOS level in case of catastrophic hard disk problems is enough for me.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Using XeniumOS 2.3.0 on a 1.3 Xbox for the record.

Cheers

ShannanC

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

I agree.  I wouldn't worry about it as my Xenium OS won't even ftp anymore.  I just use Evolution X dashboard to ftp and I have no problems.