xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Switched Video Mode  (Read 41 times)

socrak1

• Archived User
Switched Video Mode
« on: December 12, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

My brother in law is running an old xenium chip (it was the version right before the ice came out) m7 bios on I think a 1.3 xbox.  He was messing with the video modes in XBMC and switched the damn thing to PAL.  Now the xbox, when turned on, the front LED flashes green 2x, then red about 30x, then shutsdown, turns back on, and goes thru that cycle in a never ending loop.  I've been reading that there is a problem with the EEPROM b/c he changed the setting, so I have to reload the factory EEPROM and start over, but Xeniums don't have that capability.  My questions are:

1)  am I correct in saying the EEPROM needs to be wiped?
2)  Is there a way to wipe the EEPROM without having to buy an Xecuter that is programmable?
3)  Am I correct in saying that an Xecuter is the answer to my problem?

other details:  I've tried the enigmah video switch, I've tried slayer, but the xbox won't let the cd's even spin. I can't FTP.  I've tried all this w/o the AV pack plugged in also.  nothing. It just goes through the loop constantly of briefly flashing green then the constant red flashing, shutdown, repeats.  And I'm not mistakening it for a FRAG. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)   Any insight would be lovely.  thanx

jam013200

• Archived User
Switched Video Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

That's a tough problem.....

You are trying all this without the video connector plugged into the console? I think during bootup the box "looks" for that plug and will not continue the boot sequence if it does not "see" it. You should leave the video connector plugged in and connected to a TV.

I did the same thing accidentially too but was able to do the "blind" button guide to change it back. Here is some info regarding your problem. There is a button sequence you can do in XBMC or XBMP to change it back, if the video problem is your only problem.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/i...php/t91520.html

Good Luck.....that problem is painful

smuddge

• Archived User
Switched Video Mode
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 08:09:00 AM »

I am having the exact same problem.  So far no solutions.  I have tried the same things you have tried to no avail.  

If you come up with anything let me know.

I have been working on this for weeks!!!

s