xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboyadvance Configuration  (Read 26 times)

MarioJavi05

• Archived User
Xboyadvance Configuration
« on: July 19, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

Hey every1, I have a few questions. 1. How do I configure the buttons in the XboyAdvance emulator? I want to change the R-Trigger because when i play a game in the emulator, & i press the R-Trigger, it speeds up the game. How can I change this so I can put the "speed" in either the Black or White buttons? Also I wanted to know what version is my Xbox. The numbers in my Xbox are K: 1.00.5101.01; D: 1.00.5960.01. Another thing, I made a XboyAdvance Burning Guide & I was wondering if it's alright if I can post it here. Thank you fro answering these questions. :)

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »

You can change the fast forward button by going to 'Configuration' -> 'Controller Configuration' -> 'Controller 1' -> 'Change Joypad Mappings' -> 'Change UI Mappings', then pushing 'A' on Fast Forward\Throttle, and finally pushing white or black (whatever you want it to be).

Your Xbox is most likely a 1.6.

And it should be alright if you post your guide here.
 :beer:

MarioJavi05

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

Ok People, here's the XboyAdvance Burning guide, so others may use as reference. Sorry if this guide doesn't have pics.

XboyAdvance Burning Guide

I've created this guide so people like me don't have to frustrate theirselves and taking it out on any forums. I can't give out information on where to find these all the tools mentioned in this guide, just stick on search engines like Yahoo! or Google.

Tools Need

1. XboyAdvance Emulator program (I can't tell you where to find it. Try Yahoo! or Google search. You might get lucky!)

2. xISO v. 1.1.5 by Yursoft or other iso making program

3. A iso burning program (I'll be mentioning my favorite burning program, RecordNow DX)

4. A DVD-/+R Burner

5. 1 DVD+RW blank CD

6. 1 Stack of DVD-R's

7. Winzip or WinRaR installed on your computer

8. Gameboy Roms (Games)

Optional- A Dummy Maker Program (I'll explain this special program in the guide)
* MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE STUFF LISTED ABOVE*

Directions for Making The XboyAdvance Emulator

1. Open Yahoo! or Google and search for "XboyAdvance Emulator" (without the quotes).
When you find the file, download it & save it on your computer. Once it's downloaded, the file will be "XboyAdvance v. *.*.zip" (the stars are what version you have now. Don't close Yahoo! or Google site. Leave it open.

2. Create a folder anywhere in your hard drive & name it "XboyAdvance Folder". Open that folder and create 2 new folders & name one "Emulator" & the other one "Tools". Drag & Drop the "XboyAdvance v. *.*.zip file & place it inside the "Emulator" folder.

3. Go back to Yahoo! or Google site & run a search on "xISO v. 1.1.5" & save the download it when you find it.

4. Place the "xISO v. 1.1.5" in the "Tools" folder. It should be either in .zip or in .rar format.

5. Now I hope your computer has Winzip or WinRAR installed. If not, check out my favorite place to find these 2 great programs at Download.com

6. Still got Yahoo! or Goolgle on? Good. Run a search on "Dummy Maker". Find a good one because not all Dummy Maker programs are created equal. When you find a good one, place it in the "Tools" folder.

7.Now make sure you have your favorite iso burning program installed on your computer, because without this program, you won't make a final DVD-R burn.

8.Make sure you have one blank DVD+RW. Why you ask? Because when you screw up, you can always erase the DVD+RW.

9.. Go to the "Emulator" folder & unzip the "XboyAdvance v*.*.zip" Now you have a new folder with the same name as the zip file. Delete the zip file from the "Emulator" folder.

10. Go to the "Tools" Folder & unzip/unrar the "xISO v. 1.1.5.zip/rar. Now you have a new folder with the same name. Delete the zip/rar file from the "Tools" folder.

11. Still in your "Tools" folder? Good. Unzip/Unrar & install the Dummy Maker file. Delete the zip/rar file.

12. Now this is the fustrating part of the emulator. Go to your "Emulator" folder & then go to the "XboyAdvance v. *.*" folder. There should be the "emuskins" folder, "custom_launch_params.ccp" file, "custom_launch_params.h" file, "default.xbe" file, "Readme.txt" file & "undocumented.h" file.Make sure those files are there, they are VERY important.

13. Go to the "emuskins" folder. There should be a "Default_XboyAdvance" folder.

14. Go to the "Default_XboyAdvance" folder. There should be a "sprites" folder, "cancel.wav" file, "emuload.jpg" file, "FONT2.TTF" file, "gameselect.jpg" file, "linemove.wav" file, "main.jpg" file, "othermenu.jpg" file, "popup.png" file, "romload.jpg" file, "select.wav" file, "settings.ini" file & "xboy.mp3" file.

15. Double click on "settings.ini" file. You'll see a bunck of commands inside this file. DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING IN THIS FILE UNTIL I TELL YOU SO!!! Doing so may fuck up the emulator.

16. The "setting.ini" file is open and you're scared what to do with it. I'll tell what to do. Just do it as I'm typing it.

17. See the words "[General]"? This tells the emulator what to do. At the end of the bracket in "[General]" press the ENTER key. This will make a new line. Now type "save_dir=E:\SAVES\XBOYADVANCE" (without the quotes) and press the ENTER key. Now type "rom_dir=D:\ROMS\gbarom.zip" (again, without the quotes). Don't press the ENTER key.

18. Now move the mouse to File->Save on the "settings. ini" screen (the one where you typed the commands I told you to write). Now it's saved. Move the mouse to the red X to close the "settings.ini" screen.

19. Now I guess you did eveything I've typed so far. Relax a little, you're almost done.

20. Now you're back inside the "default_xboyadvance" folder. Go back to the "XboyAdvance v *.*" folder. Still see the 6 files like in # 12? Good. Now make a new folder & name it ROMS (in caps).

21. Go inside the "ROMS" folder and add your Gameboy Advance rome (Games) in here. Make sure that the roms (games) doesn't go over 4.3 gigs & leave it zipped.

22. Once you added your roms in the "ROMS" folder, go back to the "XboyAdvance v *.*" folder.

23. Go to the "Tools" folder and go in the "xISOv115" folder. Double click on the "xISO.exe" program.

24. Now a new screen pops up. This is the "xISO v 1.1.5" program. This program will make your emulator into an iso.

25. Move the mouse to Tools & select "Make a xIso". Another new screen will show up. This is where you'll find the files to put in your iso.

26. Move the mouse to the little plus sign next to the "Hard Drive". Click on it. When it opens up, you'll see alot of folders. Look for the "XboyAdvance" folder.

27. Click on the little plus sign right next to the "XboyAdvance" folder, & it wiil show you the 2 folders you've created (the "Emulator" folder & the "Tools" folder). Move the mouse over to the "Emulator" folder. Don't click on the little plus sign next to the "Emulator" folder.

28. When you click the "OK" button, another screen pops up. This is where you're gonna save the iso. See the "Save in" bar on the top? Make sure it says "Desktop" inside the box.

29. See the bottom bar that says "File name"? This is where you give a name to ths iso you're going to create. Give it a good, short name. Try naming it "Xboyadvance" or "MYGBAGAMES". Don't leave any spaces when you naming the iso.

30. Now a new screen pops up saying the root where your emulator is. Click on the "OK" button. Another screen will take it's place. This is the "xISO Making" screen. This screen will show you the progress of your creation, the iso. When it's done it might show you another screen saying "The image was created correctly". Click on the "OK" button & then click on the "Close" button on the "xISO Making" screen.

31. Now close all the screens, including your Yahoo! or Google screen.

32. Now open your favorite iso burning program, ex. Nero, EZ CD Creator, RecordNow DX (My Favorite) or any other iso burning program.

33. Since I'm familiar with RecordNow DX, I'm going to explain it in that program.

34. Double click on RecordNow DX. A screen will pop up showing you the RecordNow DX Wizard.

35. Move the mouse towards "Return to Sonic RecordNow DX" The wizard screen should be gone now, leaving you the "Sonic RecordNow DX" burning screen.

36. In that screen, go to File->New Job->Global Image or Other Image. The screen should change & be ready to burn the iso soon.

37. On the screen, look for a "Speed" bar. Set the speed to Min. Now look for the "Add Image" button. Click on the button & a screen now pops up. This is the "Global Image-Track Image" screen. See the "Look in" bar? Make sure it says "Desktop" in it.

38. Look for your iso inside the box. Whatever you named it should be "blab.iso" Ex. mines is "XboyAdvance.iso"

39. Now the screen should disappear & in the "Disc Image File" bar should read out the path of your iso.

40. Wow. Very long guide, huh? Don't worry, we're almost done. Place the DVD+RW in your burner & wait for 1 min. Now see the little red record button (looks like a red circle)? Press it and your iso image should be burned in the DVD+RW.

41. Wait for the drive ejects the DVD+RW cd. When the burner ejects the CD, go ahead & play it on your hardmod/softmod Xbox & enjoy!

Special Guide with the Dummy File Maker.

This guide is for adding a dummy file in the "XboyAdvance" emulator. A dummy file is an empty file which when added in an emulator/iso makes the image move to the outer end of the CD.

1. Remember the "Tools" folder? Go in it & make sure the "Dummy Maker" program is still there. If it's in .zip/.rar format, unzip/unrar it. It will make a folder with the same name.

2. Go in the "Dummy Maker" folder & run the "Dummy Maker".exe & choose where you want the dummy file to be created. Choose & create an 600 Mb dummy file inside the "XboyAdvance v. *.*" folder, with the rest of the 6 files.

3. Now follow Steps # 12 - 41 & you're all set.

4. When everything is A OK, use your favorite burning program & copy the DVD+RW to the DVD-R and erase the DVD+RW. It should work just like the DVD+RW. Remember to erase the DVD+RW CD when you're done with it.

5. HAVE FUN & THANX FOR USING MY GUIDE!!!!! B)  :)

This guide was created by MarioJavi05. I'm not responsible for any damages that occur with your computer, Xbox or any other device. C. 2005. Owner & founder: MarioJavi 05