xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Ice Goes Red  (Read 101 times)

dj_sensations

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Goes Red
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

When i start my xbox, with my cheap tompson dvd drive plugged it, the chip goes red. is this a common problem or what? i have a tompson dvd drive and the chip boots fine with just the hard drive plugged in. but without my dvd, i cannot boot onto evox, <

acemilo

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Goes Red
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

Sounds like the drive isn't sitting right over the chip and moving it.  Make sure its seated properly on the pins. <

dj_sensations

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Goes Red
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

I Fixed it, Seems like one of te pins in the IDE Connector on the dvd drive had gotted pushed into the drive. causing a bad connection and the chip to fail. took the drive apart, cleaned it up a bit, and now this tompson drive works like new...but for how long :blink: <

acemilo

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Goes Red
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

I have a tompson that i had have 0 probelms with.  Next xbox had a samsung that had nothing but problems.  I hate when ppl say tompsons suck cause I've never had a problem with mine. <

Rabid1

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Goes Red
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Apr 11 2005, 07:47 PM)
I have a tompson that i had have 0 probelms with.  Next xbox had a samsung that had nothing but problems.  I hate when ppl say tompsons suck cause I've never had a problem with mine.

My thompson reads multiple mediagreat, my samsung only -rw and -r and really only workes with Ritek, my LG in my new 1.6b reads everything so long as I use Qwix to create an ISO first.  I personally believe that the rep for thompsons comes from being the first drive and everybody blaming the drive when it was really a burn compatiblity and all the kinks in buring for Xbox hadn't been worked out and the rep has just stuck. <