xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 65

Author Topic: Pcsxbox Compatibility List  (Read 8664 times)

Lucied

• Archived User
Pcsxbox Compatibility List
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

Oops.  Posted in the other list by mistake.  Didn't see this ^^;

I tried Vigilante 8 Second Offense.  Works somewhat in BIOS mode.  I didn't get too far in HLE mode.
Bad audio glitches in both.  Can be fixed by turning off CDDA.
Menus are difficult to navigate.  Often the menu won't refresh, so you will end up changing options, but the display won't reflect it.  You will often have to cycle between two options a few times to get the display to refresh.
Will also often load a silhouette of the drivers instead of their portrait on the Driver Select screen.  Sometimes skips a bit when loading.
Due to the menu bugs, some elements won't display properly right away.

I only got as far as loading the match, then I get a blank screen and the emulator freezes (can't bring up emu menu).  I haven't tried any other options other than turning off CDDA.  The rest of the options are set to default.

I don't change the options because, simply put, I have no clue what they do  huh.gif
I'll test it with other options set.  I just don't know which ones do what.

(Would be nice, also, to have some kind of feature to replace the default CDDA soundtrack with my own.  Since the game supports replacing the game disc with a music CD during matches.  As long as I wouldn't get the horrible audio bug.)

Should also add that there are some glitches in the opening FMV, and sometimes the LuxoFlux logo will be skipped without any press of a button.  Odd thing, that is.

GSBS

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

Crash Bandicoot 2
NTSC

In BIOS, the game gets stuck at the loading screen. In HLE mode, instead of loading the game, it sends you back to the game selection menu. Stranger still, is when you try to activate HLE mode again; you'll be spat back to the selection menu, without a skin, and the Xbox will freeze if any game is loaded.

Megaman X5
NTSC

Exactly the same as above. I got both games at a populr bittorent site, but the same tracker's Megaman X4 and X6 work flawlessly. I'm lead to believe it's the emu's fault.

Vegitto

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »

Now now, downloading game images isnt cool...

My backup of megaman x5 works fine, so it must be that you got a bad copy...id say go buy the game and make your own backup to get it working...megaman games rock so much... ;D

GSBS

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Vegitto @ Jul 22 2004, 04:04 AM)
Now now, downloading game images isnt cool...

My backup of megaman x5 works fine, so it must be that you got a bad copy...id say go buy the game and make your own backup to get it working...megaman games rock so much... ;D

I actually owned Megaman X1, 2 and 3.

That was when SNES was my only console (not a Genesis person). When the PSX came along, my money was spent on N64 games and Square titles. Beyond that, the temptation of piracy was too much, especially with the plug and play chips for the Playstation.

But then again, finding a copy of Megaman X5 is hard to find online; nearly impossible to get ahold of an original disc. I owned a copy of Crash 2, but those discs don't last long if not cared for.

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

Brave fencer musashi (U), works fine until you exit spiral tower, then the screen goes blank, and doesn't proceed from there, the emulator is still active though

chevi

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

have you seen the web it´s being used to test mame roms for XPort virtual memory implementation? Perhaps it would be better to use something similar for this

kokenjr

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

Oh yeah....Digimon world 3 works well with default settings. The battles are a bit laggy, so to speak. Didn't tweak the settings, so maybe it could work better. It's good enough for me, though.

break

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

umm.. Suikoden I and Suikoden II work perfect with the default setting...

Cleared the game with no problem at all... tested with version 10 though....

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

Crash Bandicoot 2
NTSC

In BIOS, the game gets stuck at the loading screen. In HLE mode, instead of loading the game, it sends you back to the game selection menu. Stranger still, is when you try to activate HLE mode again; you'll be spat back to the selection menu, without a skin, and the Xbox will freeze if any game is loaded.

That's odd.  I have some sort of complation disc that has Crash 1, 2, & 3... and Crash 2 works fine on that disk.  BTW, does anyone know where this disc I have came from?  It's not in the list and I couldn't find anything about it in a quick Google search.  A friend of mine gave it to me a while back so I could rip it for use in this emulator.   I'm wondering if it's not some sort of HK job.  It has, as I mentioned, Crash 1, 2, and 3.  A simple menu pops up at the beginning and you choose which game you want to play.  

BTW, all 3 Crash games on the disc work quite well with the emulator.  There is some slowdown from time to time, but the games are all very playable.

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »

i too have that disc and it works fine on all games with some slowndown here and there.

the disc was homemade using some app that allows you make multi-game discs

i also have one that features a few fps games for ps1

Matt12b

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »

If only Deathx88 was smart enough to reread the original pcsx list replys to update his own.  They have largely posted many answers to your problems.
Take for example Final Fantasy Tactics which works perfect on pcsxbox v.1(bios), all u have to do is switch mem 0 to 1, and mem 1 to 2, then just use mem 2 in game.
Or harvest moon which works perfect on bios v.1 except sometimes the save screen will freeze.
Bottom line if your smart look at the old list replys dry.gif

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »

I'd just like to say that Diablo (Euro) (PAL) works in bios with all standard settings perfectly.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (Matt12b @ Jul 23 2004, 09:01 AM)
If only Deathx88 was smart enough to reread the original pcsx list replys to update his own.  They have largely posted many answers to your problems.
Take for example Final Fantasy Tactics which works perfect on pcsxbox v.1(bios), all u have to do is switch mem 0 to 1, and mem 1 to 2, then just use mem 2 in game.
Or harvest moon which works perfect on bios v.1 except sometimes the save screen will freeze.
Bottom line if your smart look at the old list replys dry.gif

hahaha you make me laugh

well first off, this list doesn't even have to exist in the first place, you should be thankful that theres a list at all
im taking the time out to help you guys out, i'm not here to help solve every single problem, i don't know everything

and if you weren't that stupid then you would have seen

just thought i should say
i've copied all of the entries on the old list that weren't entered onto this one
or at least all that i caught on to

i only copied them from dec 25 2003 and later since thats when v11 was released

i did go through the list starting from the back and only picked up on the games that needed to be added, im not going to go another 15 pages back

why should i take even more time out of my life when i already do this for you
if you wanted to say this then why not just say it, don't act like a dumbass newbie and say im not smart enough because i didn't go looking for an answer when someone kind enough to do so could just post it and not be an asshole

if you want to take the time out, then look yourself and then replay back with a response that doesn't make you sound like a friggin moron

p.s. a small favor if you could never post in this thread again, it reaks of retard because of you

Johnrx86

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

i'm having trouble getting vagrant story to work.. it crashes after the intro.. tried both HLE and bios mode... it displays part of the titlescreen distorted and hangs.. any ideas on how to get this to worK?

mightymosping

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2004, 04:23:00 AM »

Hey fellas,

I'm trying to play FRONT MISSION 3.

When I first installed the latest PCSXBOX into my XBOX and played the game, it works with the normal bios. Didn't freeze at the start. But after I stopped playing the game, it freezes before the intro. Seems like it's having problem playing the intro.

After running into the problem, then I turned to the FAQ and found the compatibility list. And then I changed my bios to HLE. Now I can't even start the game. It keeps on loading. As I'm entering this, it's still loading.

Must I load PCSXBOX everytime I want to play the game. That's just too cumbersome.

One of the ways is to actually load from the last save state. That's just going around the problem. Is there a way to solve the problem? Configuration-wise?

smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 65