xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65]

Author Topic: Pcsxbox Compatibility List  (Read 8665 times)

iswithcoco

• Archived User
Pcsxbox Compatibility List
« Reply #960 on: March 27, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

I've been lurking around for a while to get more info about the settings for Digimon World 2. I believe I found the correct settings as decided to share them here so that another would find this and not waste time.

I used core version 1.6, GPU 1.16 and SPU 1.6 with old frame skipping and framelimit on. the rest are off.

The key is you CANNOT throttle. if you throttle, it will throw off the game and will make it so that you cannot see the fights.

Past that i haven't had anymore problems except for a few slowdowns. if anyone wants to iterate on this, be my guest.

This post has been edited by iswithcoco: Mar 28 2010, 12:53 AM

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »

Did you try the "fixed" throttle option?

A lot of people report that you also can't throttle in eg FFVII, but I've found the fixed throttle works just fine. Well, you'll get visual glitches while using it during certain scenes (eg while entering battle), but at least such issues only stay in effect for a short time, as opposed to being there until you reset the game...

juntistik

• Archived User
« Reply #962 on: May 31, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »

Compatability list needs to be updated! Missing games from "C" (crash bandicoot)

also emulator is at ver. 21

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #963 on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

Still waiting for deathx88 and his backup...  sad.gif

cozmo72

• Archived User
« Reply #964 on: June 04, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(dballs442 @ Dec 26 2009, 05:28 AM) View Post

trying to play parappa the rappa here

list says works perfect yet seems the audio gets messed up. the audio dont line up with the scroll bar. that or the scroll bar is too fast moving.

tryed both bios. work both the same.

any help here?

hey buddy its annoying when people ignore you isnt it,  just seen your other posts about this game, all ya have to do is turn frameskip off and make sure the only thing that is turned on is frame limit. it will work perfectly then mate smile.gif im using core version 1.5 on it and use the bios file. hope that helps

dballs442

• Archived User
« Reply #965 on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

hey thanks for the reply! i did as you said. it seems to work for awhile! but then slowly gets worse as a song goes on. to where i have to do my commands almost at the same time the teachers says them. i cant get past the first level.

RR99i

• Archived User
« Reply #966 on: June 22, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

I've recently been trying PCSXbox.  The first I've been running is Fear Effect.  I'm using PCSXbox v21 Madmab Edition.  I've tried different settings, Throttle Method: Fixed, On and Off of Frameskip and Framelimit.  I'm not sure what would be causing the video to freeze and audio continues.  This is at the beginning cutscene of the story.  It happens about 30 seconds into the cutscene. sad.gif  Once it freezes, I can't skip to gameplay.  But I can skip the cutscene before it freezes.  Gameplay seems to work, until I get a cutscene, like Game Over, freezes again.  I'm new to using this Emulator, not sure what settings are the ones to try changing.  If for Fear Effect and other games that have certain problems.

pdidd

• Archived User
« Reply #967 on: June 23, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »

Does anybody know how to make the Mtv music generator work? or even if it works at all?

sypon

• Archived User
« Reply #968 on: July 03, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »

Vagrant Story doesn't work in v18, v19, or v20! I've tried them all! i know it's not a bad img because it works on epsxe emulator. i have both the pal and the ntsc-u and they wont work for me! they hang in-game at the now loading screen that appears when you first load the game! resurrectionx says this game works perfectly so what is going on here!?

PLEASE help me fix Vagrant Story!!

greatant

• Archived User
« Reply #969 on: July 03, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

It's a conspiracy.

Disc images come in many formats. iso/bin+cue/ccd+whatever For some reason the format of the image affects whether you can play it. Converting the image from one format to another won't work. But if you re-rip the original CD as an alternate format it might help.

netokl

• Archived User
« Reply #970 on: July 04, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »

i remeber to play vagrant story in pcsxbox_v19 and works fine for me

the only strange thing i noted is the weird sounds...maibe a problem with the peops sound plugin,but the gameplay is perfect

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #971 on: July 08, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »

There's a note in the first post of the compatibility list saying that certain games (including Vagrant Story) won't start if you've got a filter enabled.

Anyway! As the lists in this thread were getting so long that the posts they were in couldn't contain them, I've spread them out in a new thread (deathx88 sent me the missing entries nearly a month ago now, I've just been sitting on them).

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=716968
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65]