xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is My Xeniums Chip Dead  (Read 141 times)

hpisavage26

• Archived User
Is My Xeniums Chip Dead
« on: October 10, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

sup fellas,   a few days ago i updated my xeniums to the xos 2.0.1 and all was great until today.  i turn on my xbox and for some strange reason my xbox would turn off and on about 3 times, then the xbox eject button flashes red and green.  and also the xeniums led lights a solid red color.  at the same time i don't have any video at all.  i'm not sure what has happen to my xenium chip.  so i open up my xbox and took the chip out and it's load up and then i gets a contact tech support and error code 05.  i put the chip back in, turn it on and the same thing happens. turns off and on for about 3 times the flashes red and green and no picture at all.  i even tried the eject button but no luck.  (same thing too.)  is my xenium's chip dead, or corrupted os.  i really need help on this issue.    thanks guys :(  :uhh:

Gumba

• Archived User
Is My Xeniums Chip Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

Dunno, but your 05 error is because your HD is unlocked.

When you get your Xenium working again you can lock your HD.

Milhousen

• Archived User
Is My Xeniums Chip Dead
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

I had the same problem.  No one on the forum was able to suggest anything that worked.  I ordered a new Xenium, poped it into the solderless adapter and the it worked.  I've tried the 2 Xenium recovery trick, but it didn't work for me.

Also, I updated the new Xenium from 2.0 to 2.0.1 with a CD and that update took without any problems.

This post has been edited by Milhousen on Oct 12 2004, 09:55 PM

Killa420

• Archived User
Is My Xeniums Chip Dead
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

Try burning 2.0.0 to a cdrw and put it in your box. Then start up the box and flip the switch on the chip and hopefully it will downgrade back to 2.0.0.