xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need To Buy A New Pin-header  (Read 130 times)

chiablo

• Archived User
Need To Buy A New Pin-header
« on: October 09, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

Long story short.  We tried installing the Xenium Ice on a 1.6 board and failed miserably.  So we're getting a new xbox to try the install on.  The problem is, I ruined the pin-header trying to de-solder it from the original install.

Who carries pin-headers?  I checked radio shack and they don't carry them.  I don't really want to order an extra one online because then we have to wait weeks to get it.

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

Fry's Electornics has some.  They're mostly in California, though.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

bmmods.com sells them online; no need to wait weeks B) If you email them, you may even get them to send you one via snailmail ($.37 stamped envelope) so you don't have to pay $5 shipping or w/e...

chiablo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion of Fry's Electronics.  They do have stores here in Utah... in fact, one is in the next town over from where I live.

You just saved me a headache.

Freh

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »

I was told  radioshack has them. Also try e-mailing all the  xenium resselers. One of them forgot to include one for me in the package, so i e-mail them and they sent me one really quick. I'm sure they have plenty of the m laying around, just e-mail and they will give it to you for a fair price.