xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Openxdk Status ...  (Read 183 times)

KRAK_JOE

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

It's been a while, and I'm messing with OpenXDK, I see reports of people saying it's working, but in CVS source code it says it's //NOT WORKING YET ...

Can someone please clarify if SDL_Mixer is implemented properly, possibly show an example that you KNOW to work.

If it's not implemented yet, can someone please tell me if it's ever likely to be ??

KRAK_JOE

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:04:00 AM »

So in short, sound still doesn't work ??

I'm not that familiar with SDL either, I've just run out of patience trying to link SDL_Mixer, I get endless _undefined it's getting on my tits.

I wouldn't have a clue how to implement sound myself without using SDL, and I can't get SDL_Mixer or SDL_Audio to work, not even a little bit ...

I guess I should give up ??

Maturion

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:05:00 AM »

I think Carcharius is still around. openxdkman mentioned above that he has the permissions to upload files to the OpenXDK CVS and  Caustik, who founded the whole project is also still there. (At least he posted an update to his Cxbx blog some days ago - http://www.caustik.com/cxbx).

I am not sure, but I think it would be the best to start a new sourceforge project and to upload all patches that were made in the last years to this new project.

Maturion

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

I just want to inform you that I am an official project administrator over at the OpenXDK sourceforge project now. If you have any patches and/or examples that you would like to have added to the sourceforge page, just let me know.

Kudos go to edwardaux aka Craig for setting me up as a project admin.

openxdkman

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »

Oh, I forgot! Please add in the official source depository the AFL network packet driver & sample.
That should help to build up a future tcp/ip stack.
(you can retrieve link from the changelog.txt file at top of thread)

I predict all my archives to be gone this summer (my ISP as been purchased by another one and will plug out servers this summer). I won't reupload those that are hosted in official repository.

Maturion

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »

All requested files have been added.

openxdkman

• Archived User
Openxdk Status ...
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:00 AM »

Many thanks!

For those who wonder how to download :
sourceforge.net (not .com)
search for 'openxdk'
new fresh downloads are ready there behind the green button

Thanks a lot for putting pbkit there. I feel relieved.

In the full package list, click the first column instead of the last column (download) to really see all existing packages.