xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New And Got A Couple Of ?s  (Read 81 times)

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
New And Got A Couple Of ?s
« on: June 24, 2005, 03:02:00 AM »

I've found this page (link). According to it: "The IP address used in-game is the invalid address of 0.0.0.1. Also, the broadcast address of 255.255.255.255 is used in polling available client consoles." If this is true then does it mean that all 'boxes joining the game get something like 0.0.0.2, 0.0.0.3, and 0.0.0.4? And if that's the case, what happens when I make my IP something like 192.168.1.3? Will the joiners get 192.168.1.4, etc? Or will it screw things up? What if I set the IP to 0.0.0.1 and then try and join a game? Will it see the host as 0.0.0.1 and give IP conflict? Or will the host see mine as 0.0.0.1 and give its self 0.0.0.2?

Again TIA.

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 05:49:00 AM »

About the 0.0.0.1 IP thing: I've found this:

Daggerx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 06:26:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »

Daggerx, Your PM lead me to this: "IP Addy:- This is the debug IP. When an xbox runs in debug mode your xbox has 2 IP's. Please enter an IP that is unused and is valid for your network." (Readme) Now if that's a fact, it answers all my IP woes: The game(s) use 0.0.0.1 to interact for system link and the dev kit uses the static one that gets entered. I'd like some confermation though...

Daggerx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 07:41:00 AM »

What is the XDI\1.6\ folder for? And the Readme also says that it works for Halo 2 but not Halo. Is that right or does it work for you?

Daggerx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(AnimeCommander @ Jun 24 2005, 11:52 AM)
What is the XDI\1.6\ folder for? And the Readme also says that it works for Halo 2 but not Halo. Is that right or does it work for you?

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Daggerx @ Jun 24 2005, 07:26 AM)
readme is pretty accurate..

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

Ok, I got it working. But there are a couple snags:

1 - I can't capture video in games. The program either tells me the "client timed out", "client failed to respond", or in Halo 2's case, "client reports out of memory".

2 - Video captureing has no sound (did it in XBMC while playing a file). Do I have to capture sound sepratly? I couldn't find an app to do that (I installed "XBOX.XDK.5933.UNOFFICIAL-WAM"). Or is that a capture card only thing? Which would suck, considering I am trying to avoid spending the extra money.

3 - My "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS won't load. I thought the above might be the BIOS. I was using ("IND" something). XIG shows it's loading splash screen then just goes black and hangs (with the "IND" one it would say "Loading IND BIOS" or something like that, then go back to my dash).

The "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS is 1024 kb and it's Readme says it's two 512 kb BIOSs. I do plan on flashing my TSOP, but currently lack the time to take my 'box appart and sodder the nessicesary points. I know that the TSOP is 1MB. Is there an app that would let me see the 'pieces' in the "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS? And would flashing the BIOS fix the above issues? My plan is to go 'full dev' once I flash the TSOP. Do I need the dev dash to fix 1 and 2 above? I'll be trying the flash and full dev install once I am full sure of knowing how to 'go back' if it doesn't work.

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

I figured out that my Taxt BIOS was only flashable. However, my TSOP flash just keeps getting more and more complicated. So untill I can find a BIOS that I know will let me do what I want, this whole damn thing has been put on hold. Either that or it's time to scrape up some cash and just buy a damn capture device and deal with it that way.