xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mameox Compile Error  (Read 113 times)

alx5962

• Archived User
Mameox Compile Error
« on: April 24, 2003, 06:17:00 AM »

I tried to compile MAMEoX.xbe 0.6 but i have a lot of linking errors in MAME.lib and xbox_Main.obj (unresolved external symbol)

Any ideas how to fix this?

ips

• Archived User
Mameox Compile Error
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »

Ok just looked at the source a bit. Here is what I have found out so far.

There is a missing file or old file still listed in the mame tree called ladyfrog.c. To get rid of the compile error you can just delete it, make an empty file called ladyfrog.c, or go to the file right click select settings and exclude it from the compile (under the general tab).

The xbox_Main.c has a problem. You'll see 2 lines:
//                g_font.Create( pD3DDevice, "Font.xpr" );
   g_font.Create( "Font.xpr", 0 );
Change it to:
   g_font.Create( pD3DDevice, "Font.xpr" );
//   g_font.Create( "Font.xpr", 0 );

Probably has something to do with the XDK. Cause the g_font.Create requires a D3DDevice pointer according to the error message I received.

Forget about the stuff about konamigx.c, it caused a few more compile errors so I removed it again.

ips

• Archived User
Mameox Compile Error
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 01:01:00 PM »

I finally got the code to compile. There was several files missing from the build when using the .dsp project files in VC6. Basically, you need to add the files to the appropriate directories. The easiest way to to this is to right click on the directory name (like drivers) then select add files. In the file prompt select all files in the mame/src/drivers directory. It will add all the files and give a warning saying not all the files were added cause they already exist. That is fine press ok. Now do the same for all the directories. When you select build mame.lib from the menu, you will get an error saying <path>/drivers/konamigx.c compiles to the same directory as <path>/vidhrdw/konamigx.c. To correct this you need to right click either file in VC6 and select settings. Under the general tab you'll see a box called intermediate files which has the name 'obj' in it. Change that to 'obj/drivers' if you are in the driver sub tree. You have to do that on all cases of the error. After you finish that you'll be able to compile it (not sure if it works yet I haven't tried to run it on my xbox yet). I uploaded the dsp and dsw files for the project at ps2ownz.com xbox forum so you can just download the dsp/dsw files.
http://www.ps2ownz.c...=&threadid=1701

alx5962

• Archived User
Mameox Compile Error
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »

sad.gif we have to login to get the files :/ i tried to create an account but it doesn't work...

i have no error messages when i compile mame, but i have linking problems when i compile mameoX. Some missing drivers. but these drivers are not in the latest mame sources... so i give up, i spent already too much time to try to compile it  sad.gif

btw how did u fixed the changes made by sectionize.pl that affect the way mame is compiled?
I added
- DriverSections.cpp in Sources
- Sections.h in Include
- System_IniFile.cpp in Sources
- System_IniFile.h in Include

that's solve all unresolved links in MameoX, but i still have many unresolved link in drivers of mame.lib -> solved mostly! just those TESTDRIVERS that annoyed me!!!

alx5962

• Archived User
Mameox Compile Error
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 01:44:00 AM »

smile.gif

maybe it's something related to zip...

ips

• Archived User
Mameox Compile Error
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

CODE

if( !LoadDriverSectionByName(DriverName.c_str() ) )

gets changed to:

CODE

if( !LoadDriverSectionByName( strstr(DriverName.c_str(),"src\\drivers\\") ) )

If you can, download the new project files from the above link. You can just extract the files into your mameox src directory, then compile (first ZLIB then MAME then MAMEoX). Just load the MAMEoX.dsw file from the root MAMEoX directory. BTW the enclosed xbox_main.cpp file is taken from the newer v0.61b source.

If your curious, the problem was that the program was passing in the driver name as a full path (ie: C:/blah/blah/src/drivers but the program was searching for src/drivers/*.c. So the above code just trims out all the paths before src/drivers/